We’re looking for a Mobile Product Manager to join blinkbox books. As part of the Product Team you’ll work closely with our business stakeholders, technology team and operational teams to research, design and take to market key features of our core product – all the while being the champion of our customers.
We’re seeking a Product Manager with a strong understanding of native mobile apps (Android and IOS apps) and ideally also web products. You will thrive in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment where you’ll get direct ownership and responsibility for product definition. You have a real desire to bring innovative services to the market.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development of the overall (mobile) product strategy, developing sound recommendations on how to increase user engagement.
- Managing Mobile product set (Android, IOS apps)
- Taking ownership of specific product ideas, and driving their design and delivery
- Understanding target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and ideas
- Translating business requirements into sound product features, balancing the needs of different stakeholders to deliver a well-rounded product
- Writing functional specifications, documenting key requirements for use by engineering team during development
- Acting as Product Owner, including day to day Project Management against the roadmap
- Act as the mobile subject matter expert for appropriate product related enquiries
- Strong B2C digital product management, working across high volume traffic websites
- Generation of innovative product ideas and concepts which meet business and product strategies (based on rigorous analysis of customer needs and competitive environment)
- Design of mobile based products (Android, IOS), including close involvement in user experience design
- Authorship of specifications using user stories and acceptance criteria, collaborating with developers and QA to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications
- A high tolerance for ambiguity – and a real desire to manage it!
- Experience working with in-house development teams using SCRUM, Kanban methodologies
The blinkbox portfolio of digital entertainment services span movies and TV, music and books.
blinkbox books is a digital books platform, with all of the UK’s best selling and backlist titles. Together, blinkbox books and Tesco will offer even more choice for the large and growing number of customers who want to buy and enjoy books on their digital devices whenever and wherever they want.
We have a team of the best people you’d ever want to meet, working on some of the most amazing creative and technologically challenging projects. We like people who are smart, funny and hardworking, who can adapt, work together and love interesting challenges at the cutting edge of technology.