GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community for nonprofits and disaster recovery. GlobalGiving’ makes it safe and easy for people and companies to give to local projects anywhere in the world, providing nonprofits with the resources, training, and support they need to become more effective. Since 2002, GlobalGiving has helped raise more than $402 million from more than 900,000 donors for nearly 23,000 projects in 170 countries. These projects range from building disaster resiliency to promoting education in remote parts of the world. Join us in our mission to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change!
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our growing Product team and own GlobalGiving’s marketplace. As a Marketplace Product Manager, you’ll have a great deal of flexibility and ownership to run with opportunities you uncover, co-create experiences with external stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional team members, feeding insights into long-term business goals and strategies.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for GlobalGiving’s global marketplace.
- Stay current on industry trends and challenges and be the recognized Subject Matter Expert for marketplace product needs.
- Find creative ways to solve problems using thoughtful testing approaches, data-driven insights, and market-informed facts as your guide.
- Leverage approaches that can be used across a diverse set of partners, countries, and regions.
- Lead with a data-driven approach and design research strategies to test proposed solutions cost-effectively to minimize risk while continuing to learn and deliver incremental value.
- Establish and track measurable goals and objectives to ensure the product strategy is solving customer problems.
- Maintain a robust product backlog, ruthlessly prioritizing the most important changes.
- Work cross-functionally with the Design, Engineering, Data, Growth, Business Development, Marketing and Operations teams to align product efforts across the company.
For this role to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- You have 3-5 years of experience leading a 2-sided global marketplace product.
- You think deeply about the demand and supply-side journeys, balancing the donor experience and our partners’ needs to uncover and pursue new growth opportunities.
- You seek to clearly understand and articulate a problem and you are deeply curious before you consider a solution.
- You are data-driven and know how to test new ideas using rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and other research approaches.
- You are customer-centric, well-versed in design thinking, Agile software development methodologies, and know how to build products incrementally.
- You can manage a roadmap that has a range of initiatives.
- You have experience managing large, cross-functional team projects.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have a passion for GlobalGiving’s vision, mission, and commitment to our core values
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have the following qualifications:
- You have industry knowledge about online charitable giving platforms.
- You understand and can discuss marketplace-related technical concepts (e.g., matchmaking and search algorithms, recommendation engines, long-term customer buy-back, and quality control mechanisms) and know how to build products incrementally.
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $90-$100k
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, “Today, my work helped 182 girls go to school for a year.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbatical, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Product and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role can either be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or continue to operate remotely.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.