As the Head of Product at GotPhoto/Fotograf.de you will own a key role to bring our vision, mission and strategy to life in the form of our product. You will work closely with the CEO and the rest of the management team on defining the roadmap for our product and delivering success to our photographers. The independent photographers in Europe and North America will be happy to have even greater support from a greater product in the future!
At GotPhoto/Fotograf.de we are currently 80+ people, who work mainly from the US & and Germany but are partially remote from Spain and Portugal, too.
This role includes following focus areas:
- You are responsible for defining excellence in product management together with your team of currently 3 direct reports (and: 5 open positions to be hired)
- The current split:
- 5 people focusing on Product Management
- 3 people focusing on UX/UI
- The current split:
- You create an environment that allows deep collaboration, ideation and innovation exploration across all functions at GotPhoto
- You define efficient processes in coordination with our Head of Engineering to ensure an optimal Discovery, Delivery and Rollout of new opportunities to make photographers more successful
- You will motivate and influence key stakeholders, drive buy-in, and tell exceptional stories around why and what we are building to make photographers more successful
- You establish yourself and your team as subject matter experts – understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive landscape
- You own full accountability for the creation and execution of the Global Product strategy with our Head of Engineering and C-level team
- You are leading together with our Head of Engineering our TECH Business Unit under supervision of our CEO
- You build, develop, retain and motivate a diverse team while recruiting for new members and continually raising the bar for talent, capabilities, and internal community
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have had former experience in a Head of Product Role and proven yourself as a leader
- Which translates into: Having gained first experience on Head of-Level and fulfilling this role for minimum 2 years successfully
- You have strong leadership skills to build and mentor your product team
- You easily develop a clear vision for excellence in product management and what would bring value to our company
- You use data to make informed product decisions and are able to empathize with our user at the same time
- You define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English (German is an advantage)
- You should be able to clearly communicate and get buy-in from stakeholders, peers, engineers, C-level, and of course, your team
- You have a strong track record of successfully delivering Product strategy and transformation within a customer-centric environment
WITH US, YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO THIS
- Be part of an international team with an established brand in Europe and strong growth in the USA
- Everyone has the same opportunities to grow and learn
- You have 1: 1 with your team leader and development meetings every six months
- You have access to a learning budget of at least 500€ for training and coaching
- Flexible working hours and unlimited holiday leave
- Connect – inside and outside of work through regular team events, knowledge sharing and team holidays
- Subsidized fitness membership with Urban Sports in the EU and Classpass in the US
fotograf.de/GotPhoto is the market leading digital workflow solution for volume photographers in Europe & US.
Did you know …? There are over 440 million school and preschool children photographed yearly around the world.
Our software supports photographers to scale their business and to focus on their passion: Photography!
We are a start-up that has grown profitably and sustainably over the last years and created a human centric culture, where honesty and authenticity are clear values.
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. We believe in equal opportunities.
We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Please keep reading:
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.