DAZN is the world changing sports broadcaster bringing thousands of sporting events into millions of households across the world, delivering live sport direct to consumers through 100s of devices in over 200 countries.
DAZN has changed the way the world consumes sports. Now we are now ready to take the next steps on that journey and for this we’re looking for a new VP of Product to head up our Player experience. Together with the existing strong group of product managers, developers, architects, analysts, designers and operators, you will be responsible for defining and delivering a fantastic product experience, which delivers on DAZN’s most prominent value to the user: enjoying an exciting live sports event with superb quality and rich features, no matter the challenges they might encounter around connectivity, device’s capabilities, location and more.
You will help to establish a truly world class sports watching proposition based on premier sports rights in some of the most exciting markets in the world. You will own the product roadmap for all features relating to playback experience including core playback capabilities across a wide variety of devices (mobile, web and living-room devices), accompanying enrichment features, advanced measurements capabilities, a variety of content types and working on ground breaking technology in the playback space.
To be successful in this role you should have deep understanding of both emerging and established video playback technologies in the B2C OTT environment, for both live and on demand content. You are expected to compete and lead in the global top-tier category for playback experiences. You’ll be an excellent communicator and influencer, able to work with stakeholders across the business to prioritise your road map in a data driven way. You’ll be results driven, focused on validating your assumptions by data, and passionate about creating a great product for our customers.
As the product leader of a multi-disciplined team, you’ll give the direction to the business and be responsible for the entire playback experience, from maintaining market leadership in quality of experience in the field of premium sports content to enabling feature-rich playback experiences, while working with internal stakeholders as well as with the external ecosystem members like OEMs, Service Providers and regulators, all the while influencing and instructing other teams to ensure DAZN’s ambitious growth plans are achieved together.
As our new VP Product Player, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with all DAZN teams and ExCo to define product strategy, prioritise, get buy-in, and ensure all stakeholders understand key deliverables, priorities, and timing.
- Drive the strategy and lead the product deliverables for Player playback to ensure work is progressing according to priorities as agreed with stakeholders and delivery dates are met.
- Hire, build and manage a high performing product team to work and collaborate with adjacent product domains like Content Discovery, Advertising, Content Enrichment, Social Interactions, Broadcast Engineering and tech counterparts to deliver high performing products with immediate and tangible business value.
- Act as a role model and spokesman for Playback Experiences, ensuring world-class leadership in quality, reliability, latency, revenue, scalability and efficiency.
- Direct qualitative and quantitative research into market conditions and trends, new technologies, regulation, OEMs, service providers, 3rd party vendors, competitors and consumer preferences, that will inform the DAZN playback experience strategy and tactics.
- Build a data-centric culture and capabilities to define, monitor and respond to user metrics as well as revenue KPIs
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong (minimum 5 years) experience in a fast-paced OTT B2C or playback tech company.
- Strong understanding of both the commercial and operational practices across a diverse set of territories and ecosystems, with clear ability to operate to performance and quality based KPIs
- Experience working with technologies like DRM, ABR (HLS, DASH), Playback monitoring, watermarking in a live broadcast environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts such as architectural and development techniques, able to translate to and from technical and non-technical communications, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunities
- Strong strategic vision but also not afraid to roll up sleeves and dive into the details to get the work done
Even better if you have:
- Experience delivering video technologies in other segments of the video delivery path, in a live broadcast environment (encoding, contribution, transcoding, packaging, encryption, delivery)
- Knowledge of the end-to-end video path of live events and a proven track record of operational experience in this field
- Understanding of the challenges of delivering platform wide solutions across multiple distinct territories and regulatory bodies.
- Experience in delivering non-premium live content like UGC, VOD, volatile, short-form etc.
- Experience introducing the market novel technologies like 4K, HDR, Ultra-Low-Latency, Dolby and more.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, an opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.