At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. Applicants are welcome from every time zone within UTC -5 and +2.
About the role
We’re looking for a Product Manager with experience in delivering user-centric products. You’ve helped shape important features and want to keep delivering more value to users. Maybe you’ve built innovative B2B products from scratch, either in small startups or in bigger organisations, and you know how crucial it is for you and your team to receive customer feedback to continuously improve your product.
You have strong experience collaborating with a cross-functional team. You will be working closely with a talented Engineering Lead and an amazing Product Designer. The three of you will be responsible for figuring out the proper way to solve the true problem customers have (and you know that’s not always what users think they need).
You are a strong communicator, both an engaging storyteller and able to get your stakeholders excited. No matter if you are talking with customers or with all Capdesk employees, you always know where your product is going and you are able to describe your vision and the strategy to get there.
You will lead the product vision and strategy of a squad focussing on increasing the efficiency of administrators in Capdes. You will help scaling Capdesk, improving our existing features, sunsetting the outdated ones and building new features for our European expansion. By working on these key strategic areas, you will help shape the future of Capdesk as a whole, improving the retention of our existing and the acquisition of new customer base.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Become the expert of your product, prioritise the product efforts, making sure that solutions implemented solve real customer problems.
- Collaborate with your squad and Capdeskers to prioritise product efforts and to define the product roadmap.
- Set a vision for your product area, keep on top of the competitive landscape and of customer needs.
- Plan discovery and delivery initiatives making sure to ship value to customers iteratively.
- Effective Go to Market in collaboration with the Product Marketing Manager, including internal training and external communication
About you, these are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Have 3+ years experience in product management in a high-paced, agile software development environment, with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- Be collaborative. You are used to working closely with Engineers, Product Designers and different stakeholders in the organization.
- Experience with anchoring decisions in data, being that quantitative or qualitative. You have run discovery activities, including user interviews and surveys, and you have experience with analytics tools.
- Resilience: not afraid of a bumpy road ahead (challenges of adjusting strategy and ups and downs of startups) and ability to deal with ambiguous situations.
Bonus points for:
- Interest or experience in the equity space or fintech in general.
Working at Capdesk
This is an amazing opportunity to become one of our product culture pillars and help define our future!
How we work today:
- We use OKRs to define our quarterly team goals and we work in 1-week iterations for ensuring we achieve them
- We work with dual-track agile: we combine discovery and delivery tracks to release customer-centric software
- We use Notion for documenting and collaborating asynchronously and Miro for brainstorming and ideation
What we can offer you:
- A gross salary of £58,000 – 63,000 depending on the level of experience*
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Enhanced parental leave – 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (including adoption)
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Annual company meet-up in London, two departments meetups per year, quarterly virtual kick-off events
- Onboarding budget to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
- The current budget for this role is 67-73,000 GBP. This includes any taxes and mandatory employer pension or social security contributions. This budget translates to a salary of 58-63,000 GBP if you’re working in the UK. You can work in other countries and we’ll keep the same budget and adjust the salary as needed for local taxes and other employer contributions.
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- We’re one of AngelList’s startups to work for in 2022
- We’re on Otta’s 2021 Rocket List: London’s fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
- We’ve been certified as truly flexible employer by Flexa
- Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.