Hurry up! We’ve got a dream to build!
We’re a rapidly growing international SaaS startup in search of a UX Lead to lead our team of designers in translating high level ideas to product features to create a world class product and delight our customers. Are you looking to be part of a team that is redefining the marketing technology landscape? That is enabling marketers to actually create a single view of their customers that they can use to sustain engagement with them? That is making individualized experiences possible at scale? Then BlueConic is the place for you.
Headquartered in Boston and with the product development department in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, BlueConic offers an ideal environment for those interested in everything related to online marketing and internet technology.
About the job
We’re looking for a visionary UX Lead who will be responsible for devising interaction strategies in sync with user goals and our business goals, developing navigation and structure, designing wireframes or interactive prototypes, and tirelessly advocating for the needs and goals of real users. The incredible success of our software product is largely due to the vision and the implementation of the technology, as well as its timeliness to market. You’re a fit if you are proactive, patient and smart, have an eye for details, and are a great communicator and motivator. A sense of humor and an enthusiasm for participating in discussions about random things on Slack are also a must.
In this role you will:
- Report to the VP of Product.
- Lead the UX design for our product working with a team of designers; have line management responsibilities for your team members.
- Work closely with product management and engineering, providing your design perspective to help ensure a unified and cohesive experience across BlueConic.
- Conduct user needs assessment, identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis, user testing, and develop a usability plan.
- Create end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Develop UI layouts and graphical elements with an eye towards experience unification.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- 8+ years of experience in UX or interaction design of which at least 3 in a lead position.
- Experience mentoring or leading designers.
- Experience with designing SAAS B2B solutions.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions.
- Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data.
- Relentless pursuit of perfection working in an iterative and agile development environment.
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Have fluent communication skills in English.
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are available for 32 to 40 hours per week.
- Are a strategic partner during the entire creation process.
- Have an inspiring portfolio showing us how you have crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products.
- Can maintain the balance between business interests, innovation, and good design.
- Are eager to support the creation of the best marketing technology product in the world.
- Don’t ever think “good enough” is good enough.
Reasons to join us:
- Be part of a dynamic and professional product development department.
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career progression.
- You want to work with the very latest tools and tech.
- Help build the best marketing technology product there is, period.
- Work in a very successful startup environment and help build the next big thing.