Permutive is built on the core principle of responsible marketing, which includes privacy, consent and transparency. Its Audience Platform empowers publishers and advertisers to responsibly activate audiences without any third-party access to personal data.
Permutive is listed in Y Combinator’s Top 150 companies of all time and is trusted by the world’s largest publishers and advertisers, including News Corp, Hearst, BuzzFeed, Penske Media, Future plc, The Guardian, Vox Media, Insider, Hubert Burda Media and Condé Nast International.
About the Role…
Permutive is looking for our first Product Designer to own the design across our product.
We’re looking for someone to work closely with our product and engineering teams, who has a strong background in user journeys, data-driven design, and data visualisations. On a daily basis, you will work closely with product, engineering, and marketing to drive the next phase of design for our product.
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to make a large impact at scale by becoming our first product designer and taking the lead on designing creative solutions, visualisations, and approaches. We are looking for someone who has a track record of delivering product launches that contribute to moving core metrics for the company.
As we grow our customer base, we would love to work with someone who has had experience designing business-facing experiences for web and mobile who enjoys collaborating closely with engineering and product to build on our current foundations and make a huge impact on the next phase of our product narrative.
In this role, you will…
- Collaborate closely with our Product team to drive a design vision and solve user experience challenges in the customer facing part of our product offering
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) through talking to our customers to understand their workflows and pains
- Translate our company goals, customer needs and data models into a design which enables slick workflows and efficient user experiences
- Create and maintain a Design System in collaboration with Product
- Articulate your perspective and provide compelling rationale for design decisions
- Play a key role in our efforts to solve customer pains while aligning our product offering with our company mission
- Take a data-driven approach to understanding and improving user experience
The ideal candidate will have…
- Significant Commercial experience designing business facing experiences for web and mobile
- Commercial experience implementing/working with a Design System
- Some experience in conducting user research
- You take a customer-centric approach to design, deeply empathetic towards users
- Significant experience creating wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to show your design solutions
- Experience with design collaboration and prototyping tools
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a typical candidate meeting most of our requirements, we would likely pay £90,000 + options.
For a candidate with a breadth of experience, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay up to £100,000 + options.
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
- The equipment and technology you need to be successful, plus a generous working from home stipend upon joining
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
Our approach to Remote First
Permutive is a remote first company. We also have an office presence in London and New York. All employees have optional access to a permanent in-person collaboration space in NYC and London. You are expected to do your primary work from home however everyone at Permutive has the option to spend as much (or as little) time as they need working from our office spaces. As a company, we gather in person at least once per quarter for different company-wide events.