Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. Aurora also manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a database, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Aurora enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Aurora team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its very early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Have direct impact on hundreds and thousands of users of AWS database services
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space – learn from the experts
In this position, you will play a pivotal role focused on our go-to-market strategy, tirelessly champion the needs of our Aurora PostgreSQL customers. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You’ll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in the database area is a plus, but not required.
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to insure that sales, SAs, Pro Serve, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Bring learnings back from our customer facing communities to continuously improve our product experience.
- Drive sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
- Establish goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
- Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
- Bachelor degree in a related field is required
- 5+ years in product management or product marketing is required
- An MBA, business degree or similar with work experience in a related field preferred
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
- Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
- Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $152,200 – 179,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.