We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager with strong experience in a high volume website environment to join blinkbox books. As part of the Product Team you’ll work closely with our business stakeholders, technology team and operational teams to research, design and take to market key features of our core product – all the while being the champion of our customers.
We’re seeking a Product Manager with a strong technical understanding of online platforms and web API’s. You must have a technical background (computer science, development etc) and solid Product Management experience. You will thrive in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment where you get direct ownership and responsibility for product definition. You have a real desire to bring innovative services to the market.
- Contributing to the development of the overall product strategy, developing sound recommendations on how to improve product capabilities and REST APIs.
- Data management/analysis e.g. recommendations
- Taking ownership of specific product ideas, and driving their design and delivery
- Understanding target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and ideas
- Translating business requirements into sound product features, balancing the needs of different stakeholders to deliver a well-rounded product
- Writing functional specifications, documenting key requirements for use by engineering team during development
- Project Managing key product evolutions
- Act as subject matter expert for appropriate product related enquiries
- Strong technical product management, working across high volume traffic websites
- Generation of innovative product ideas and concepts which meet business and product strategies (based on rigorous analysis of customer needs and competitive environment)
- Authorship of functional specifications, and close collaboration with developers to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications
- A high tolerance for ambiguity – and a real desire to manage it!
- Experience working with in-house development teams using SCRUM, Kanban methodologies would be a real plus
- Experience working for an ecommerce retailer would be a real plus
The blinkbox portfolio of digital entertainment services span movies and TV, music and books.
blinkbox books is a digital books platform, with all of the UK’s best selling and backlist titles. Together, blinkbox books and Tesco will offer even more choice for the large and growing number of customers who want to buy and enjoy books on their digital devices whenever and wherever they want.
We have a team of the best people you’d ever want to meet, working on some of the most amazing creative and technologically challenging projects. We like people who are smart, funny and hardworking, who can adapt, work together and love interesting challenges at the cutting edge of technology.