Ankorstore is an ecosystem that enables independent brands and retailers to thrive.
We’re on a mission to rewild retail and restore it to its natural order by empowering brands and retailers to grow freely, embrace their creativity, and stay competitive.
Our platform harnesses the power of technology to create a mutually beneficial community that reinvents the way brands and retailers work together.
With decades of experience in retail and building marketplaces, in 2019, the Ankorstore founding team knew it was time to create a global wholesale solution to swing the balance in favour of independents and return them to their rightful place – at the centre of their communities.
Just two short years later, we’ve grown to a team of over 700 employees operating across seven offices worldwide, and we’ll grow even more in 2022. After fundraising in January 2022, taking our total funding to €365 million, Ankorstore is thrilled to have achieved “unicorn” status in just two years. 🦄
We’re scaling fast and looking to grow our team with world-class candidates to support our vision of rewilding retail! 🌿
The role 🤓
Reporting to our CPO Tomás, you will be the one responsible for the global user experience, in charge of all of the Product Design team and activities, from strategy and research to production.
Key responsibilities 🧠
- Establish the Product Design Strategy & Define the Roadmap
You will work closely with the CPO to whom you’ll report to build the product strategy and define what it means in terms of design strategy, roadmap, and prioritisation.
- Build the Team
You will design the team of product designers and researchers you need, and then you’ll hire. We already have a small team of mostly freelancers to start. All product designers and researchers will report to you.
You’ll set up with your team all the processes and tools they need to be efficient in their discovery and delivery work.
- Elevate What Design Means at Ankorstore.
You care deeply about customers and care about your craft. You will have a strong design vision and imbue design thinking into everything designers, and non-designers do at Ankorstore.
- Marry Product and Brand
Work closely with the Marketing and Brand Design teams to understand what our brand means and suffuse it into the details of every user interaction.
We are growing fast. We need to keep up with that growth. That means building quickly, and that means tradeoffs. Sometimes, the experience will be exactly as planned. Other times, we will need to take shortcuts. You will always know how to prioritise to get the best of both worlds: radical growth that finds the right tradeoff between business results and customer needs.
What will you bring to the table? 💪🏽
- Strong Design leadership experience
- You have 10+ years experience in Design and 5+ years of experience as VP of Design or equivalent.
- You have designed both consumer and SaaS experiences.
- You have led an international, remote design team of 20-50 people to world-class levels of quality.
- You have recruited a design team of up to 20 people, ideally from scratch.
- You have collaborated across the company with other teams like Sales, Growth, Ops, Finance, General Managers, etc.
- You have proven your ability to attract a world-class design team. You are a thought leader and can inspire internally and represent Ankorstore externally.
- You have proven your ability to create a product that elegantly solves customer pain points.
- You are highly rational and base your decisions based on data.
What’s in it for you? 🤩
- Strong values, a real purpose-driven company, in a global international and connected People team.
- A highly dynamic environment in a fast-scaling company at a stage where you can shape things autonomously and participate in the organisation’s future.
- A real playground for development with exciting career opportunities, locally or internationally, with strong people mentors.
- Competitive salary and compensation, including equity (depending on the role’s seniority level), to reward your strong impact.
- We are remote-first; however, you can visit and work from the closest office as often as you would like to! You only need to be based in one of our markets: the UK, Sweden, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France (Paris and Lille) and soon, we will be in Italy too. 🇫🇷🇬🇧🇳🇱🇪🇸🇸🇪🇩🇪🇧🇪🇱🇺
- Team offsites and fun events.
- Team lunches once a week & Snack cupboard.
- Class pass.
- We encourage continuous learning & growth and give unlimited access to the e-learning platform Udemy
- We offer the best health and dental insurance available in each location, covered 100% by Ankorstore for employees and 50% for direct dependents.
- We have a matched contribution scheme of 4.5% under a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Many other benefits will be implemented soon.
Would you like to learn more about us? 👀
- Website: https://www.ankorstore.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ankorstore/mycompany/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Ankorstore
- Welcome to the jungle: https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/ankorstore
Ankorstore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.