The Lookout For Metric team within AWS is responsible for setting the strategy and delivering machine learning anomaly detection services to AWS customers. The Lookout For Metric low code ML team builds acceleration services that make it easier to develop ML anomaly detection and root cause analysis solutions with Lookout For Metric.
The Lookout For Metric team is seeking a technical Senior Product Manager who will play a critical role in influencing the long-term technical and business strategy. You will own the product roadmap and work with design, science and engineering to develop and launch features that our customers love. You will work closely with business development, marketing, finance, partners and senior management to drive and execute the overall strategy.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver value that will have a broad business impact. You will be responsible for understanding customer needs, manage crucial internal stakeholder relationships, provide critical inputs to some of our most strategic technical projects, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
The candidate may choose to work out of Seattle, Bay Area, or any other West Coast locations.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including product requirements, customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
- Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
- Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
- Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
- Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth.
- Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
- Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate Amazon ML Services vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, systems engineering, MIS, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management, consulting or related experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering, Management, or Technology preferred
- 10+ years overall high tech industry experience, with 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years experience in machine learning or anomaly detection products
- Experience working with product marketing and sales/business development to deliver products to market
- Experience managing early stage product lifecycle especially for B2B SaaS solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and drive simplification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and adept at handling technical and business discussions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.