Every day the team here at Adaptive Lab are partnering with ambitious leaders at world-class companies to help build products, services, and Beta businesses — that launch faster, grow quicker, and behave bolder.
We’re expanding our service design team and we’re on the lookout for a Senior Service Designer to help us grow the team.
As a member of the service design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, build and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our service design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in design, complex digital transformation service design, organisation change and design, strategy, and business analysis. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we’d like someone who has similar experience, with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
More about the role
As a Senior Service Designer you will:
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services
- Design and facilitate research and insight programmes
- Create and design of holistic and detailed user journeys and service blueprints that could scale
- Understand the supporting systems and organisational structures which uphold the current service and design improvements, both digital product and process
- Facilitate experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Design new services from scratch
- Contribute to the design of a new service design framework and approach for Adaptive Lab
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Contribute to new business activity
- Take an active interest in the service design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and the community.
What we’re looking for
Successful candidates for this role will have:
- Experience of service design work that goes beyond the strategy and includes piloting and taking services live
- A strong understanding of user-centred design
- Facilitated a variety of research techniques, used appropriately and successfully
- Undergone hard problem solving, i.e. time spent navigating sector or organisation complexity, designing for difficult to surface customer needs, surfacing user behaviour challenges, or grasping tech opportunities
- Enough tech and digital know-how to hold a high-level conversation with a technologist
- Strong, confident communication skills
- Comfort working closely with product designers and technologists.
We do end to end service design, working with clients to articulate a vision for a new or different type of service, creating prototypes, running experiments, planning for and executing on pilots, and taking services live. If you’re looking to design journey maps for a living, we aren’t the agency for you. If you want to see a new service go live, come chat to us!
We’re going to treat you properly
- Generous and competitive salary (they’re benchmarked and we’re proud)
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to choose from
- 25 days of holidays, along with the 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them) Plus, additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we’re on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you’ll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We’ve been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, ran around laser quest, brewed our own beer, learnt magic and held a couple of poker nights
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the office regularly and each time we try to focus on something we’re currently doing or something coming up. It’s our time to set strategy, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved. It’s also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!