PostHog is an open-source product analytics platform. We provide product-led teams with everything they need to understand user behaviour, including funnels, session recording, user paths, multivariate testing, feature flags, heat maps, and more. PostHog can be deployed to the cloud, or self-hosted on existing infrastructure, removing the need to send data externally.
PostHog was created as an open source project during Y Combinator’s W20 cohort and had the most successful B2B software launch on HackerNews since 2012 – with a product that was just 4 weeks old. Since then, more than 10,000 companies have installed the platform, we’ve had huge success with our paid upgrades, and we have raised $27m from some of the world’s top investors, and have shown strong product-led growth – 97% driven by word of mouth.
Despite the 📉 tech market, we’re default alive and doing better than ever!
We’ve been averaging >20% monthly revenue growth, we are default alive, and we haven’t raised a huge / now-overpriced round in 2021. Whilst others are focussed on layoffs and struggling to grow into huge valuations, we’re focussing on an awesome product for end users, hiring (a handful of) exceptional team members and seeing fantastic increases in revenue as a result.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our app teams at PostHog. You will be focussed on helping us build out the suite of integrated tools the world needs to build better products without losing control of their data. Depending on your location, you’ll either sit in our App East or App West small team.
We hire globally, but are currently restricted to GMT -8 to +2 time zones.
What you’ll be doing
- Align the team and company on the most impactful and exciting direction for our product.
- Break down ambiguous problems into ambitious company and team goals to validate our progress.
- Find new, impactful, and exciting opportunities for us to capitalize on based on industry trends you spot.
- Gather and summarize customer, company, and industry context into clear and actionable opinions which inform product decisions.
- Identify and remove bottlenecks to enable us to make fast calls on the toughest product decisions.
- Support the team by over-communicating, over-transparently. It’s a really important part of our culture.
What we value
- We are open source – building a huge community around a free-for-life product is key to our strategy.
- We aim to become the most transparent company, ever. In order to enable teams to make great decisions, we share as much information as we can. In our public handbook everyone can read about our roadmap, how we pay people, what our strategy is, and who we have raised money from. We also have regular team-wide feedback sessions, where we share honest feedback with each other.
- We’re an all-remote company and writing things down is hugely important to us. We use asynchronous communication to reduce time spent in meetings. We are structured for speed and autonomy – we are all about acting fast, innovating and iterating.
- Being all-remote, and with no head office, we can hire amazing people from all over the world, and foster an inclusive culture.
- Demonstrated experience as a Product Manager, ideally at a senior level at a high-growth start-up.
- You live and breathe data, and love getting into the detail to understand what’s driving user behavior.
- You’re excited about speaking to customers and solving their problems.
- You don’t need to have been an engineer, but we’re looking for someone reasonably technical who has worked on coding side projects or taken a couple of computer science courses at least.
- You have worked on either a B2B, SaaS or DevTool product.
Nice to haves (if you don’t have any of these you should still apply!)
- You were an engineer in a past life, or hold a computer science degree.
- You’ve worked on open source products before.
- We’re always excited to talk to people who have previously founded a company!
- 💰 Generous, transparent compensation and employee-friendly equity in PostHog
- 🌴 Unlimited time off with a 25 day minimum (in 2021 the team on average took 32 days off)
- 🏥 Private medical insurance, including dental and vision (US and UK only)
- 👵 👴 Pension/401k contributions (4% matching)
- 🍼 Generous parental, bereavement and child loss leave
- 📕 Training budget and free books
- ☕ $200/month budget towards co-working or café working and $250/month for team socials
- 🧠 Spill mental health chat
- 🤝 $100/month budget to provide support to open-source projects
- 💸 We’ll be your first investor
- 🛫 Regular team off-sites (we went to Iceland in March) with carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. That’s why we dedicated a page in our handbook to diversity and inclusion. No matter your background, we’d love to hear from you!
Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you – we’re happy to accommodate!