Do you put accessibility at the forefront of everything you do? Want the future to be better designed and open to everyone? Then this might be the perfect role for you.
Needed: a mid-weight UI/UX Designer to bring Transreport’s SaaS offerings to the next level. They are an award-winning team who are revolutionising the transport industry for disabled passengers, and they need your help!
Please ensure you add your portfolio to your application – this is a must! Your portfolio should include:
- Your previous work
- The concept behind the design
- Any research supporting the design
- Which tools were used
What will you be doing?
You will work with the Product Owner and development team to deliver a great product and customer experiences for end-user. To do so, you will be…
- Researching and designing key customer journeys for web and mobile apps
- Shaping the future strategy for the app user experience
- Creating Design Systems for different products
- Optimising existing experiences to improve user engagement
- Presenting designs to senior stakeholders
- Working closely with developers/scrum team members
- Engage closely with the client and Scrum teams to review current design processes and methods.
- Helping Software Developers understand and execute ideas
- Analysing issues and problem-solving
- Running user tests
What are they looking for?
These are the essential requirements…
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in web & mobile app design (iOS and Android) is essential
- Passion for all things digital, software AND web applications (showcasing your own portfolio of work outside of your studies is a huge plus)
- Excellent skills in Photoshop/Sketch/Adobe Xd/Figma
- Experience with prototype tools such as InVision or MarvelApp
- Ability to rapidly create prototype ideas
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, work both independently and as part of a team, and problem-solve in all areas
These are the nice-to-haves…
- Experience in design for accessibility
- Experience working in a start-up
- The ability to flex between UX and visual or creative design
The exciting bits!
Transreport will give you responsibility and the opportunity to add value from day one, giving you the chance to make an impact through innovation and passion.
You will enjoy a supportive, encouraging and progressive work environment. They are committed to ensuring that our people are rewarded for their commitment and outstanding performance. This means that as you progress in your career, your contributions and achievements will be recognised and rewarded, Transreport will offer a wider range of career opportunities, there are plenty of development opportunities within the company and they will help you to think big as we prefer to promote from within before they recruit externally.
They will strive to help and support you to become the best version of yourself in the team and learn to create smarter solutions.
- A friendly and cohesive team
- 28 days holiday per annum, including bank holidays
- Company pensions
- Cycle & tech schemes
- Work from home
- Free flu jab
- Company laptop
ED&I at Transreport
“We are committed to using our unique perspective and background to find new and fresh blood in an inclusive, diverse and honest environment that offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experience, and we strive to attract the best talent from the widest talent pool, because creating value through diversity is how we solve our challenges.
In such a culture, we value differences and ensure that all our employees are treated equally. So, all team members can be brave and be themselves, and all their talents and contributions are valued. We also support different ways of working and offer flexible working arrangements.”
More about Transreport
Transreport is a technology company, specialising in improving customer experience using technologies such as the Internet of Things and Blockchain. They use these technologies to improve the overall customer experience across a range of different industries.
They are working closely with the Rail Delivery Group to allow passengers to request assistance in a much easier and more efficient way, for a better journey. Their new Passenger Assist system is being rolled out across the entire UK Rail Network in 2019.