Based in Berlin and Kyiv, Preply is a global marketplace for online tutoring that helps people to learn languages faster with the world’s best one-on-one online teachers. Trusted by thousands of learners and tutors from more than 150 countries, the Preply team is building the global leader in online tutoring space. The team is backed by Europe’s best marketplace investors such as Point Nine Capital, Arthur Kosten (co-founder of Booking.com), Mariusz Gralewski (founder of DocPlanner.com) and others.
And now, we are looking for an exceptional VP of Product with a passion for personalized online education and deep understanding of the learning process. The winner who is strategic and ambitious enough to conquer the world. The leader who is laser-focused on an extraordinary customer experience and the fastest possible growth.
This person will lead our product development, working with our executive team, incredibly supportive investors, and talented leaders in product management, design and engineering to shape the vision for the winning product. This role will spend significant time in both Berlin and Kyiv leveraging the best parts of each ecosystem.
Your expected outcomes:
- Ensuring that product vision, strategy and operations are focused on customer experience and growth;
- Leading, shaping, and developing the product teams;
- Taking the time to deeply understand customers and their goals;
- Define, measure, and improve growth rates, usage, and retention metrics with the strong alignment of customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Give churn stats a good kicking;
- Most of all, look forward to rolling up sleeves each day and inspiring others with energy and passion for our products.
Your competency profile:
- You have a passion for helping people to learn efficiently;
- You’ve got experience building, leading and scaling product teams;
- Data-informed growth is your focus: strong ability to understand & synthesize data;
- You organize like hell and dive into detail;
- Your communication skills are unrivalled;
- You can pull out mind-blowing creative ideas
- Pressure? You laugh in the face of pressure;
- You have an Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to understand customers needs. Previous CEO/founder experience is a plus;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Product Development in an online marketplace business or fast-growing internet startups with a strong focus on customers and growth;
- Strong awareness of current mobile & web technologies, trends, products, tools, and design standards.
Feel free to submit your application here.