Oak National Academy is a new organisation, set up in April 2020, founded on the vision that every child should have fair access to a high quality education.
We are looking for an outstanding designer to lead our Product Design and UX/UI team.
Oak is a small but growing organisation where everyone plays an active role in shaping the culture and direction and where design work closely with educational experts to make a meaningful difference to children’s education.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement across all product squads for the quality of product and feature design.
- Maintain specialist expertise in high quality product design systems and methodologies and be the authority across Oak and more widely across the sector.
- Develop and manage a high-performing team of product designers.
- Ownership of key elements of the product design lifecycle including user journeys, user flows, creating prototypes, testing, developing high fidelity prototypes, and seeing designs through to production.
- Lead on feature design and development, working closely with others to set design requirements based on user & business needs.
- Use data and user research to design industry leading and highly accessible UX and UI in Oak’s education technology products.
- As a member of the Oak Team, contribute to the success and culture of the organisation.
- Work in cross-functional and product oriented squads with colleagues from across the organisation, as required.
- Deputise for Head of Product Strategy and take on other general responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 5+ years holding responsibility for the continuous improvement of product and feature design in digital products and services.
- Develop and manage a high performing team.
- Product Design expert with extensive knowledge of and expertise in best practices for user experience design and user interface technology for mobile and desktop devices.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining a highly accessible design system with a large user base.
- Experience working in product teams to understand and solve user needs, and implement new features.
- Highly capable using the latest product design tools (Figma & Adobe).
The successful candidate will have a desire to contribute in all areas to ensure Oak is successful. You will be comfortable working at pace and you will continuously look at ways that the team can work more smartly. You will be excellent at working as part of a remote team, building relationships and managing your time effectively.