Closing Date: 21st July 2022
Location: Remote (timezone: GMT-1 to GMT+6)*.
Working Day: Flexible working hours throughout the week. Daily collective overlapping hours are 11:00-16:00 GMT. Our Full Time work week is approximately 40 hours.
Team: Data Insights
Travel: typically, four 1-2 weeks’ international travel per annum
Benefits: Working at Peek has many benefits. Please find more information about those benefits here.
To Apply: Submit your application through our Recruitment Centre
Millions of people worldwide are losing their sight unnecessarily. Join a mission driven award winning team who are intent on changing this.
Peek CEO, Dr. Andrew Bastawrous:
- Rolex Awards Laureate, 2016
- 2014 TED talk explains the inspiration and ideas that led to Peek’s creation.
- BBC: The eye doctor who could not see the stars By Smitha Mundasad
Peek is seeking to build a dynamic team of data professionals to drive our data development, synthesis, analysis and innovation. Our software’s unprecedented ability to analyse eye health systems has become critical in strengthening the confidence of stakeholders in the eye health system by examining the needs, coverage and utilisation of limited resources to optimise access and health outcomes as well as data quality. As a result, we are establishing our software as an indispensable component of global efforts to reverse the trend of increasing visual impairment that currently affects more than a billion people.
As a part of the developing Data Insights Team, you will be accountable for Peek’s data analysis tools and processes. You will be familiar with modern data technologies, working in Agile teams and data analysis principles. You will embrace the task of surfacing value from our systems’ data for internal and external stakeholders.
The initial priority for the role will be working closely with our DevOps, data analysts and product roles to integrate our databases with a common business intelligence platform (to be chosen based on your assessment). Following this you will work with our data analysts, programme managers, product team and ultimately external stakeholders to use the BI tools to leverage our product to provide unprecedented insight into the operations of eye health services across Africa and Asia.
Peek’s staff are distributed internationally around the globe and our customers and software users operate and deliver programmes in multiple countries. Travel to programmes using Peek’s software and services in different countries will be part of the role (in line with Peek’s Travel Safety Policy). Peek’s culture enables a self managed team structure. This provides a high level of ownership and accountability within each role, and enables effective and frequent collaboration between team members and across teams.
Responsibilities and Attributes
The 5 key responsibilities of the role are:
- Build/integrate business intelligence and analytics tools that utilise available data pipelines to provide actionable insights for the business, our customers and other stakeholders
- Work with the organisation’s data analysts, application support and DevOps to assist with data-related technical issues and analyses
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements
- Create and maintain analytical tooling as data volume and complexity increases.
The 5 key attributes we have identified for the role are:
- Familiarity with at least one business intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio, Microsoft BI, etc. )
- Demonstrable experience with at least one statistical programming language (Python, R or similar)
- Knowledge of data structures and experience of working with large datasets within an enterprise context
- Demonstrable experience of articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- Demonstrable experience with or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
Desirable attributes for the role are:
- MSc and/or PhD in quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of machine learning methodologies (e.g. reinforcement learning)
- Knowledge of data visualisation design
- Knowledge of public health and clinical trials statistics
- Knowledge of healthcare systems
- Experience in data pipeline architecture
- Knowledge of NoSQL technology (e.g. MongoDB).
* Unfortunately we are currently unable to employ individuals resident in the following countries: India & Germany