Who we are
We’re Dare, an energy tech company using the power of data science, analytics, and trading expertise to help the world reach a renewable future, faster. Our mission is to support the global energy transition by driving investment into renewables.
At Dare you’ll join a team of ambitious people who challenge themselves to drive innovation and fulfil their potential. Our values of excellence, idea meritocracy and curiosity drive us to help solve one of the biggest challenges of the next century: renewable energy storage and asset optimisation.
Our team has built one of the leading trading risk management systems in the market, with this cutting-edge technology being a large part of our rapid rise in the sector.
What you’ll be doing
Product Management at Dare aims to apply the best product management approaches from Silicon Valley to energy trading technology. We seek to create products that people love with a rich level of functionality and quality. Our main goal is to drive derivatives trading revenues via agile product management. Reporting to the VP of Product, we’re looking to hire an exceptional Product Manager to specialise in derivatives trading.
- Define our product vision and strategy whilst measuring success metrics and outcomes.
- Research and discover new product opportunities and the latest software products in the oil, power, gas, renewable energy and technology industries.
- Manage a goal-oriented roadmap that empowers the product teams.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to promote new features and align roadmaps to build the best product, delivering against KPIs.
- Create product requirement documents in Confluence to provide context and alignment.
- Craft epics of user stories that capture the what and the why with context, data, behaviour-driven development and specification-by-example acceptance criteria.
- Manage an agile product backlog in JIRA that’s detailed, estimated, emergent and prioritised.
- Collaborate with colleagues in trading, analytics, risk and operations to communicate observations, interpret problems and connect them to product opportunities.
- Lead product demonstrations and write product communications.
- Excellent academics with a technical degree and/or impressive equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of derivatives trading gained from a related environment, ideally including futures, forwards, swaps, options, market making, prop trading, interdealer brokers, trading exchanges, spreadsheets and real-time market data vendors.
- Demonstrable understanding of modern product discovery and delivery techniques.
- Hands-on experience owning the end-to-end product roadmap.
- Extensive proven experience working on digital/technology-powered products in an agile product owner/manager role.
- Proven ability to learn multiple functional areas of a business.
- Ability to solve problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks and present your argument in a well-structured, data-informed narrative.
- Extensive use of JIRA (ideally including administration) and use of Confluence.
- Proven ability to engage with users, designers, engineers and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Comfortable gathering feedback and presenting your ideas to engineers.
- High level of empathy with developers and designers.
- Confidence with data, visualisation and analytics – Tableau/Power BI or similar.
- You’ll love to prioritise and communication is key.
- You’ll be process focused and a problem solver.
- Passionate about product management approaches and agile ways of working.
- Excited to work within small teams and a scale-up environment.
- Ideally you’ll have the domain experience in relation to front office trading (Investment Bank, Hedge Fund, Software Vendor, Interdealer Broker etc.) and have honed your agile product management skills in an organisation with well-established agile practices (FinTech, Exchange, Clearing House, Software Vendor and/or SaaS company).
- Extensive experience in a derivative trading product role.
- Technical/Software Engineering background.
- Experience with APIs, Data and Computer Science.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Vitality health insurance and dental cover
- Hybrid working
- Learning and development budget of £5,000
- Free gym membership
- Deliveroo business account
- Office massages
- Breakfasts freshly made by a Private Chef on Monday & Friday
- Stocked fridge and pantry
- Social events and games room
We want to build an inclusive team, so we hire candidates across all backgrounds. This breadth of experience means we thrive at solving problems. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.