We’re looking for a passionate and highly talented Senior Product Designer to be an important part of our growing team, working very closely with the Head of Design to define and evolve how design works at 383, helping manage both the team and our key clients. You need to be at the top of your game, have a strong, versatile portfolio and several years experience crafting human-centred experiences and products that are genuinely useful for real people.
Our Senior Product Designers take an active role in running workshops, while managing and driving projects for our key clients, collaborating with other teams and developing the stream of product and service design methodologies we utilise at 383. They are also able to consistently help in the planning of projects and resource requirements and work alongside the Head of Design in the dissemination and production of larger scale project work to the rest of the team.
You will have the confidence and authority to lead ideation workshops with our biggest clients, collaborate with our engineering and strategy team and assist commercial with winning new work and defining the scope of our projects. You’ll be able to adapt to both product and service design methodologies, be as happy in front of a wall of post it notes as you are in crafting high fidelity prototypes in Sketch. Using agile working practices, you will be responsible for ensuring that experience design processes are successfully created and followed, acting as the advocate of the user in all areas of project work but always keeping a strong commercial awareness of the project goals.
In this role, you’ll find yourself:
- Scoping, planning and designing digital interfaces to make the right use of a flexible array of platforms
- Also designing for print and filming/editing/compositing video where required on projects
- Support the Head of Design on large-scale project definition & production
- Setting the direction for key projects and creating briefs to disseminate to and collaborate on with the Product Designers
- Following project guidelines to seamlessly evolve and build out the creative assets on each project
- The application of meaningful motion design to your work as a key element and extension to the UX & UI
- Championing each of our key design principles with our clients and internal teams
- Evolve and help craft the design team process, toolkit and frameworks
- Be an ambassador for Human Centred Design & all aspects of UX/UI/IXD
- Using prototyping tools for rapid experimentation
- Researching and evolving best practice UX, UI and Human Centred Design principles & techniques
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team, wider 383 business and clients to develop the right solution
- Create and facilitate key product workshops
- Seek opportunities outside of 383 to talk about and highlight our craft
- Demonstrating to the clients the value of UX and Human Centred Design for real people
- Creating high standard and engaging UI, carefully considering user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Mentoring others inside and outside the business and improving internal processes
- Work with our clients, their customers and users to understand their experiences, pain points and areas of opportunity when interacting with their brands
- Collaborate with the Product, Strategy and Engineering teams to ensure our deliverables are aligned to our strategic vision for a client
- Shared responsibility for 383 branding and marketing support, defining the look and feel of our business, external communications, events programme and all company output
There’s a few things we’re looking for in our next Senior Product Designer:
- A portfolio that illustrates your strengths in both UX and your visual design skills.
A clear balance between digital and brand design, clearly providing evidence of design thinking and human centred design.
- Some experience with user research and usability testing.
A strong working knowledge of industry standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Framer, Sketch, InVision, Webflow etc.).
- Proficient in wireframing and comfortable producing concept sketches, user flows, storyboards and prototypes.
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- Experience with mobile and responsive design.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Be experienced with leading but also comfortable in following direction.
- Ability to simplify the complex.
- Contribute to inspiring a culture of creativity and digital innovation.
- Experience working with strategists and engineers to understand how we can balance delight and utility within the time available.
- Working awareness of relevant methodologies including
- Design Thinking, Sprints, Laws of UX, Jobs To Be Done,
- Value Proposition Design etc.
- Able to translate strategic thinking into relevant and unique design solutions and experiences.
- It would be a bonus if you also had some video capture, composition & editing experience.
Calm – solutions-focused in all scenarios.
Thinker – approach opportunities logically and with a commercial mindset.
Collaborative – you value peer contribution and feedback and let it inform your approach and output
Positive – no challenge is too big or small for you.
In terms of experience, you’ll have 4 or more years experience working in similar roles, at a multi-disciplined studio or working in-house for product-focused organisations. You’ll be looking for a new role where you can step up and take more ownership, with lots of opportunity to grow your skills and understanding of Human Centred Design, while crafting beautiful solutions.
Over time, you’ll progress to Principal Product Designer, taking on more responsibility for leading the team, defining our processes and managing clients directly, as well as defining the scope of how 383 operates its design function and building our view of the product journey.