Senior UX Researcher (US, Canada, or Ireland remote)
Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are primarily chat-based. They’re powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and are based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University.
We are redefining how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. Your ability to help keep the team focused on what real users need will be essential to delivering on that promise.
Why You Should Join Our Team
Do you want to work in a place where “It’s the right thing to do” is a winning argument? We won’t pretend we don’t have to make tradeoffs about scope or business needs, but everyone here is deeply committed to user safety and well-being. Your job is to help make sure we never lose sight of what that means–even if that involves some uncomfortable truths. You’ll use a variety of evaluative research techniques (and especially usability testing) to help us make sure everything we build is effective, accessible, inclusive, and culturally competent.
How You’ll Thrive
Your first month
- In your first few weeks, you’ll get to know how the Woebot teams and products work. You’ll catch up on what we already know about our audiences and where our knowledge gaps remain.
- You’ll spend time reviewing conversations and understanding what makes a great Woebot experience, and how that’s different from any other.
- You’ll understand the state of our research ops and identify what else you need to be successful.
Your second month
- You’ll be planning, recruiting for, designing, and leading qualitative evaluative studies with a variety of audiences, which may range from adolescents to expert clinicians to new moms.
- You’ll share what you’ve learned within and outside the UX and product teams, with a focus on concise, actionable findings.
Your third month and beyond
- You’ll work with UX researchers and designers, content writers, product managers, and other colleagues to identify, prioritize, and refine research needs, and will manage a pipeline of evaluative research questions.
- You’ll work with the research team to build on templates and procedures that make everything from recruitment through compensation as safe, efficient, comfortable, and inclusive as we can make it.
- You’ll curate a repository of past findings, making it easy for anyone in the company to ask: “What do we know about ___?”
- You’ll participate in formative studies as needed to inform the vision for new products or features, making sure we’re always using the latest findings to inform decisions. Depending on your skills, you may lead some of these studies.
- You’ll identify opportunities to blend qualitative analysis with our data team’s quantitative techniques to maximize the quality of our insights.
- A proven track record of working across disciplines and teams to integrate research insights into product organizations
- Experience in planning, recruiting for, conducting, and analyzing moderated usability research at varying levels of fidelity
- Fluency in the use of tools and techniques for qualitative design research to assess and inform visual design, interaction design, and content/conversation design
- Strong project management, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions on research trade-offs when needed to balance research fidelity with other constraints
- Commitment to understanding and mitigating the limitations and biases in both your life experience and your methods
- Passion for representing and advocating for the perspectives, needs, and experiences of different types of users
- Additional preferred qualifications:
Have prior experience with adolescents or otherwise vulnerable populations
- Are fluent in Spanish
- Have experience working with chat UIs
Our Core Values:
Empathic: You’re a compassionate person and a team player motivated to understand others and help them be successful, too. You care as deeply for your colleagues as you do for our mission and our users.
Self-aware: You possess a high level of emotional intelligence, which allows you to understand yourself and others, and to have a healthy emotional life in the workplace.
Proactive & flexible: You are able to hit the ground running, you take responsibility for finding a way to get the job done. You learn as quickly as possible and sometimes do things outside the immediate scope of your work, giving it all you’ve got.
Strong work-ethic: You’ve mastered healthy habits in your life that allow you to do great things. You exemplify dedication and commitment to coming up with very good results in your work and inspire others to do the same.
Growth mindset: You believe abilities – like intelligence and talent – can be developed through dedication and hard work. You see failure as an opportunity to grow and welcome feedback as a pathway to your continued success.
Humble: You recognize that you are one among many, and you hold a genuine desire to discover what other people can offer. You are intrigued by how others think, and how others feel differently from you. You lean into these moments with patience and curiosity.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Generous PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.