Abundance is a fintech startup for socially-conscious investors. We empower ordinary people to invest in socially responsible businesses from as little as a fiver and earn a decent return. Having funded over £60 million through our platform in renewables, energy storage and Local Authority projects, it is an exciting time for Abundance as we expand our investment offerings into new sectors such as hospitals and community broadband, and focus on developing pioneering digital product in the world of ethical finance.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team on a freelance basis to help our customers make more of their investments with us, and find new ways to represent and track their financial and social goals.
Working closely with a Senior Product Manager, the Abundance CTO and marketing team, you’ll be responsible for helping conceive, define and execute user experiences that resonate with Abundance’s customer base, and for promoting user-centred design practices within the Abundance team.
In this role, you’ll successfully:
- Collaborate to understand business requirements and work closely with team members to develop solutions
- Lead product through discovery, framing, and iterative delivery
- Explore and identify the right solutions for Abundance users
- Champion a collaborative, dynamic, agile approach to design.
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes
- Proficiency in Creative Suite and/or Sketch or some equivalent
- An understanding of web paradigms and technologies
- User research experience in technical domains
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience development experience
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience facilitating design workshops and ideation sessions with teams
The project will kick off at the end of January and will run for approximately 8 weeks, with the potential to extend. This is a London-based project.
We are flexible about working hours, so this could be a part-time or full time role for the right person.