Location: Mostly remote; 20% time in London
Position: Full time
Salary: £50k-60k plus bonus
UrbanThings are looking for a unique, multi-talented individual to act as Product Manager for UrbanHub™, our smart city transport hub that’s powering hundreds of millions of journeys around the world.
You’ll relish the opportunity of having a foot in both the commercial and product teams within a dynamic, growing business. You’re a natural organiser, competent multi-tasker and able to articulate complex concepts, with the ability to be customer-facing when required. Reporting directly to the CEO and attending key customer meetings, you’ll work to understand customer requirements, evaluate market fit, then steer and prioritise our product roadmap accordingly. Liaising with the CTO and engineering team, you’ll create and maintain our technical backlog, directly creating agile features and product specifications and managing these through the JIRA issue tracking system.
- Liaise with the CEO to obtain product strategy and perform market fit analysis.
- Evaluate and enumerate key customer requirements; performing Customer Discovery. Organise and run Product Steering meetings, liaising with Customer Success and Sales teams.
- Manage and prioritise the product road map.
- Understand and document product features and value proposition to Customer Success and Sales and Marketing teams.
- Create and maintain technical backlog within an Agile development team.
- Degree-level education or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relevant previous experience in a product-centric role.
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to steer and prioritise product with successful outcomes.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
A technical background, experience in Agile development / JIRA, or the ability to understand the mindset of an engineering team would be a significant plus.
Competitive salary and company pension scheme
Generous holiday allowance
Company laptop and at-home working equipment.
Flexible working patterns including remote working
Company perks including regular free (virtual!) lunches & drinks
Unrivalled company culture; results-driven, enthusiastic team and ethos.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech companies. UrbanThings are helping cities and transport agencies to understand their passenger behaviour to optimise their services, while delivering beautiful branded apps to their passengers for real time information and ticketing.
We have a relaxed, fun workplace with a great benefits package, regular free lunches and socials, but – above all – we have a place where we love building amazing, inspirational things. Come and join us!
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com