Sample6 is building a brand-new team to create the next generation of our Food Risk Intelligence software platform. We are looking for an LA-based Product Owner to join our LA-based software development team. We are headquartered in Boston, MA, but the majority of our engineering team is in LA. This role is based in the Santa Monica Office and will report to the CEO in the Boston office. You’ll work closely with the Head of Engineering in the Santa Monica office as well as regularly update business and technical stakeholders on timelines and progress.
Who are we?
Sample6 is on the vanguard of modernizing how food risk is controlled farm to fork. Our CONTROL software is installed in more than 100 facilities in the US and Canada, used by some of the largest consumer-facing food brands in the world – like Unilever and Smithfield – to ensure that the food people eat is as safe as it can be, and to minimize risk and waste during the delivery of the food we all eat.
We believe our work will make food safer for people around the world. Our goal is to live in a world with zero food recalls and outbreaks! We have a diverse, talented, passionate team that wants to make the food chain better through technology and automation.
When you join our team, you will:
- Collaborate with UX and Engineering as a member of a bi-coastal, cross-disciplinary team
- Embrace our goals and values to craft a product roadmap and prioritize features
- Gather and communicate requirements to stakeholders, design and development team
- Own and manage our backlog of user stories with clear goals and acceptance criteria
- Travel to meet our current (and future) customers at their locations as well as attend trade shows. During onboarding, this travel will be more concentrated, but the expectation is that you’ll be local to mesh with the engineering team the vast majority of the time.
We would love to talk to you if:
- You have 3 – 5 years of experience in a Product Owner or Product Management role
- You love talking to customers and understanding the pains and needs in order to deliver outstanding products that solve those needs
- You are proud of the extraordinary SaaS products you have shipped
- You are excited to embrace the opportunity of working on a distributed team
It goes (almost) without saying that you
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess executive presence with enterprise customers
- Have the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical people
- Are current on PM and engineering tools
- Understand cloud-hosted environments and SaaS platform product offerings
- Understand and embrace the Agile methodology and the iterative creative process
- Know how to wrangle spreadsheets and other analytical tools to confirm or reject your hypothesis
- Possess the tenacity and persistence to gather requirements from stakeholders, proactively plan for releases to customers and rigorously prune and prioritize for maximum customer and business impact