Sorenson product teams are working to make sign language interpreting services easily accessible to Deaf employees and customers. We need experienced product managers to work with the product team to build outcome oriented roadmaps, test the impact proposed solutions have on the outcomes, and prioritize the product backlog.
Product Management requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy. Successful candidates will know how to learn from customers, gather market research and translate the information into feature requirements and business plans. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You will work with executive management to champion product strategies and match them to company goals. You will work with an agile engineering team to define product features and backlogs. You will work with marketing and sales to define the go-to-market strategy – helping each department understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal evangelist for your product, and may occasionally work with sales as an external evangelist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Transform research, requirements, business goals, customer needs, and technical constraints into a crisp set of user problems to solve and goals to achieve.
- Develop the product hypothesis and business case for the product
- Be the expert on the product and the customer
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap and prioritized feature list
- Drive to achieve financial and consumer satisfaction results for your product
- Clearly express product backlog items
- Work with an agile development team to organize features and backlogs to best achieve goals
- Partner with cross-functional leads from product, engineering, customer service, marketing, sales and QA to define a user experience strategy and execute on that strategy.
Travel Requirements: Less than 25%
Minimum/Preferred Education Description
Minimum 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related work experience
- Prior experience authoring business plans for commercially available products or services, including creation of detailed product line, competitive and industry analysis.
- Prior experience managing the full product life cycle for multiple product lines
- Demonstrated history of external focused, customer driven product requirements including focus groups and professional quality surveys
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of Product Management or related experience working with consumers or enterprise products, preferably in the communication or language industry.
- Highly analytical and structured thinking, with strong problem-solving skills and a bias toward data-driven decision making
- Strong Agile background well versed in agile routines
- Experience with lean startup, lean canvas, and scrum practices is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.