Want to create the world’s best mobile games? Have you got the skills to make that happen? As Director of Product Management, Ads Platform, you will work alongside data scientists, product managers and developers to grow and monetize in-game advertising in close partnership with our King studios and advertising sales teams.
This role will focus on scaling both the current and future ads products to optimize ad experience in mobile games. You will bring forward your quantitative background to monitor game performance, recommend optimizations and A/B Tests that will affect user retention and advertising monetization. You will look at problems in new ways, be disciplined in using a balance of both creative and analytical skills, and will possess the boldness to try new things. You will deliver ideas from concept to implementation and will champion new and existing ad products across studios at King.
A successful candidate will have domain experience working with customer facing problems inside a large publisher, and also has a passion for digital technology and knows what challenges exist in today’s digital advertising world. You demonstrate a strong partnership mindset and are aware of the latest trends for Ads Monetization occurring in the mobile free-to-play landscape.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
- Define the ads platform product strategy to build a robust roadmap for development and drive adoption of key ad platform products.
- Be the ‘voice of the ads platform’ team to identify areas of ads growth ranging from ads enablement, engagement, segmentation and reward design working closely with all King titles.
- Monitor and optimize KPIs by generating hypotheses and performing experiments. Expected to provide valuable input into platform business cases based on in depth analysis of ads behavior and demonstrate how that analysis impacts business metrics.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats.
- Ability to manage and guide a team of cross-functional, cross-regional stakeholders to understand the problem space and needs.
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within partner teams through regular communication and the creation of dashboards and reports.
Skills to create thrills
- Prior experience in consumer products, designing and/or deploying products or features that improve acquisition, engagement and monetization.
- Demonstrated experience in balancing the needs of competing business drivers and stakeholder objectives.
- Minimum 6+ years experience as a product manager with a publisher/studio, and 3+ years of experience managing teams.
- Gaming experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare clear and concise stakeholder-ready documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field required.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/