Just Eat is looking to hire a Senior Product Manager who has a passion for creating world class products. This is a high profile, global role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business.
You’ll work closely with the Technology Manager to set objectives that cover the whole group. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of Just Eat’s systems and identifying product improvements that are both valuable and usable. You will work collaboratively with business stakeholders, business analysts and the wider team to identify opportunities, come up with creative solutions and test your ideas with real users.
You’ll work with a talented team of engineers to translate your requirements into real working products, and then measure the impact of your changes to ensure that the business benefits have been achieved. This role involves working in a truly Agile environment so you’ll be creating the product backlog, creating sprint backlogs, leading story creation & estimation sessions and managing the team’s agile artefacts.
The Senior Product Manager is a trusted authority on Product Management, and makes exceptional contributions to the product management discipline within Just Eat.
In addition to helping drive the success of technology delivery as a whole, the Senior Product Manager mentors Product Managers to ensure that best practice is used in all product activities.
Identify requirements – The Senior Product Manager works directly with key business stakeholders, at all levels of the business, to identify and analyse opportunities to improve our products in ways that will deliver significant business value. The Senior Product Manager defines & initiates overview requirements for new projects and clearly states the potential impacts on the operational areas of the business. The Senior Product Manager writes clear user stories at both low level function point & over-arching theme level, combining with acceptance criteria.
Responsible for backlog – The Senior Product Manager creates and is responsible for the detailed product backlog for the next three months in line with the strategic goals and objectives of the Technology Manager, team and business stakeholders.
The Senior Product Manager maintains the longer-term product backlog (0 -3 months and beyond), collating suggestions and initiating research as appropriate. The Senior Product Manager helps define longer term initiatives in line with Technology Manager and team objectives.
The Senior Product Manager maintains a clear discovery backlog of possible innovations. Working with UX team & engineers, the Senior Product Manager develops and prototypes new ideas to test with users in order to refine the requirements and user experience. The Senior Product Manager defines clear metrics and A/B tests to run and shares learnings with colleagues.
Deliver product increments – The Senior Product Manager works effectively in an agile environment to deliver product increments. They own rollout planning, coordinated with the Programme Manager. The Senior Product Manager drives effective, data driven product performance management in their team. The Senior Product Manager is an expert at creating clear dashboards, and reporting on major metrics, understanding which metrics are really important.
The Senior Product Manager works with the team to ensure that the scope of the idea is well understood, and that the product increments are built in accordance with the original requirements.
Commercial awareness –The Senior Product Manager has a deep understanding of the Just Eat business model & drivers, as well as similar models/competitors, and can predict the impact product changes may have. The Senior Product Manager actively shares industry trends & learnings with colleagues to help everyone grow.
Recruitment – The Senior Product Manager will participate in the recruitment within their discipline and be a key decision maker, sitting on panels and reviewing tests.
Coaching and mentoring – The Senior Product Manager is responsible for inducting new team members. They provide coaching and mentoring to more junior Product Managers in relation to specific skills to ensure that best practice is used in all product activities, as well as general career progression. The Senior Product Manager delivers product training in deeper product specialism.
Communicate – The Senior Product Manager communicates with key senior stakeholders at a detailed level before, during and after the product development process to manage expectations and ensure that requirements are clearly understood and meet business needs. The Senior Product Manager transparently communicates on their progress and discusses ideas with their team and Technology Manager.
Team work – The Senior Product Manager takes a collaborative approach and fosters strong working relationships with their team and the Product Coherence & Ownership Group (COG).
Professional Development- The Senior Product Manager actively looks for opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge using internal and external sources. The Senior Product Manager keeps up to date with latest industry & tech blogs, follows local / global product blogs and is a member of local product groups attending them regularly. The Senior Product Manager is an active member of the Product Coherence & Ownership Group (COG).
Required skills and experience
- Several years’ experience of Product Management within a busy transactional operation.
- Experience with B2B and B2C technology / software products.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, whether to stakeholders at all levels in the business, to your team colleagues and to customers.
- Multiple years’ experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a product management role.
- Proven success in delivering online products and services in a high growth environment.
- Agile product management experience.
- Experience of deciphering business needs and converting requirements into clear, coherent specifications using user stories, acceptance criteria and any other supporting documentation.
- Highly analytical, ideally with experience in analytics tools.
- Strong business acumen.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, to prioritise workload effectively in a fast moving and complex environment.
- Focus on data-driven decisions to drive business.
- An understanding of Just Eat’s business model, drivers and practices and similar models/competitors.
- Regularly identifies new strategic options, framing them with a business case & key hypotheses to be validated.
- Frames & creates strategic product vision that can affect business direction. Also understands impact that can have to day to day business – the difference between optimisation & disruptive innovation.
- Well developed communication skills, including public speaking.
- Well developed leadership via influence.