BookingBug is the industry’s most advanced, powerful and versatile appointment and event booking platform, and one of London’s fastest growing tech start-ups. Other than micro-businesses, almost every company needs to ‘book’ something – whether it’s for external or internal customers – and many of these are critical, high-value business problems. BookingBug is the most advanced multi-channel appointment booking technology available, transforming the customer experience and enabling organisations to improve their business outcomes.
Every employee at BookingBug plays a key part in helping make complicated booking experiences simple for our clients. It’s a great time to join the business as we enter a rapid period of growth and explore new markets. We’ve recently hired a Chief Marketing Officer who is seeking to expand the team with the addition of a Product Marketing Manager to help increase market-product fit and refine our customer messaging.
Working closely with the Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Customer Success teams, you will work collaboratively to understand the needs of the business, gaining a deep understanding of our product, the industry, our customers and buyer personas. This is a critical role which will enable the successful candidate to set a precedent in building domain expertise, shaping how we optimise our Development teams to enable the Sales teams to sell effectively and support our growth.
The role will involve:
- Developing targeted product requirements, positioning and messaging which differentiates our products in the market
- Becoming fluent in the “Voice of the Customer” by gathering feedback about customers’ experiences with BookingBug products and services
- Supporting in developing high impact customer success stories and use cases for sales and marketing teams to leverage
- Creating targeted marketing collateral such as data sheets, product briefs, and design guidelines and driving the core messaging for externally-facing campaign content
- Creating and executing sales enablement plans and facilitating sales training sessions
- Managing research and analysis of marketing automation and competition across markets
- Communicating the value proposition of our products to the Sales team and developing the sales tools that support the selling process of our products
- Planning the launch of new products and releases and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan with Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Being the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, and how to compete effectively against our competitors
- Being the expert on the competition – how they position their products, the campaigns they are running and their product capabilities
- Developing materials designed to accelerate our business momentum and better engage potential buyers
- Supporting the development of programs that increase market awareness and demand generation
- Building a process for testing and improving customer communications to ensure demand for the product
- Collaborating with Engineering, Product Management and other internal stakeholders to refine how the business introduces plans and core features
- Generating insights from data and user research to make informed product decisions and measuring success
- Working closely with Product Management, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to communicate product updates
- Clearly communicating issues and timelines, at appropriate levels of detail, to all relevant stakeholders
- Participating in product strategy and tactical planning sessions and providing educated recommendations on key product roadmap decisions
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who is dedicated, hungry and keen to progress their career, whose desire to put the customer first and understand their behaviour goes hand in hand with their proven track record in Product Marketing. Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a Product Marketing role in a SaaS based B2B start-up or growing tech company, with accountabilities as above is required.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart & soul of a start-up. Our teams are working on truly interesting challenges, so we need someone who is motivated by problem solving & seeing the wider impacts of their work. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re based in Farringdon in a dynamic, fun office, and have international offices in Boston and Sydney as well. We offer a great range of benefits and ample opportunities to develop your skills – including a Learning Library, regular Lunch & Learn sessions and team knowledge-sharing sessions.