dotCMS is a cloud-based Digital Experience platform that is changing the way enterprises do digital. We are looking for a Product Manager who understands Content Management, Digital Asset Management, MarTech and digital business space, that will dive right in, identify product opportunities that we should pursue, and drive those initiatives from conception to delivery.
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints — all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario. We’re proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
- Own and drive product roadmaps. Things like (these are just examples)
- Creating a custom content workflow
Integrations with 3rd party digital asset systems and/or ecommerce engines
- Creating a CLI for developers to interact with the CMS and content
- Adding collaboration tools and real time presence to our system
- Creating a custom content workflow
- Work with R&D / Engineering to plan, execute, and drive success of key features
- Work with Existing Product Management to ensure that product goals and objectives are in alignment.
- Put together quarterly product objectives and key goals
- Coordinate with Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success Teams for product launches, training, documentation, thought-leadership, and customer feedback.
- Work closely with both new and existing customers to understand their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Prioritize features as well as make trade-offs between competing requests
- Make data-driven decisions: design metrics, perform data analyses, collect data in resourceful ways, and dive into details to truly understand issues
- Communicate issues and progress both within the Product Team, as well as cross functionally within the company
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following industries: Digital Marketing, UI/UX development, Content Management Systems, Digital Experience Platforms.
- 5-7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2-3 years and a Master’s degree/MBA
- Excellent presentation and oral communication skills
- Have an eye for UI and design
- You are the kind of person that people enjoy approaching for a simple question, a complicated problem, a brainstorm, a priority decision, or all of the above.
- You are organized and can lead people to be organized
- You are assertive, proactive, and get s#$t done
Additional desirable characteristics:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field or
- BA/BS in a design related field
2-4 years experience in developing products, digital experiences and or management / consulting
- Experience developing internet products and technologies
- Hands on experience with websites, internet products, or technologies
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.