We are looking for a Director of Product (f/m/d), who is passionate about excellence in technology teams to lead Product across our Developer Experience (DX) and Performance & Reliability Domains.
The role will be accountable for 8 team Product Teams (Squads) with an overarching purpose to create services and tools that abstract away the underlying complexity of our technical products and the architecture from our 1,000 of developers. This enables our colleagues to focus on what matters most – creating high value, high quality, high performance products for our end-customers.
The two domains are:
- Developer Experience (DX) focuses on our engineering colleagues across the iOS, Android and Web functions. We work directly with our colleagues to understand their development experience and do everything we can to remove the noise and toil of the day to day.
- Performance & Reliability is our foundation of quality. At Delivery Hero, everyone is responsible for this. Our teams provide our colleagues the tools to gain insight and understanding to know how and where we can improve. They operate as evangelists and experts in this space.
We’re looking for an individual with experience of Platform or Infrastructure-like Products, particularly establishing the culture and craft of Product Management into these teams and executing the strategy across multiple teams in partnership with engineering.
Your focus will be on Culture, Products and Operations – constantly working to answer the question, “how can our teams be successful?” That’s a tough question but we’re looking for an individual excited by trying to answer it.
You can read more about some of the things we’ve done in the first year in Foundations on the Delivery Hero Tech Blog. You can also view a copy of the Personal Read Me of your line manager to understand more about the person you’ll be working with closely.
- Be the Director of Product leading a team of highly-skilled Group Product Managers, Product Managers, Technical Writers and Analysts working together to build a strong foundation to allow our organisation to grow and scale.
- Create a product strategy in partnership with your team and engineering colleagues that abstracts away the underlying complexity of our product and the architecture to enable our colleagues to focus on what matters most – creating great products for our end customers.
- Provide the context, strategy and support for your teams to prioritise and build opportunities in a rapidly growing organisation supporting colleagues and customers across the world.
- Evangelise the craft of Product (Discovery and Delivery) across our Foundations team and evangelise the role of Platform
- Teams across the wider Delivery Hero organisation.
Grow, manage and mentor a team of Product Managers (both
- Individual Contributors and Managers) as well as technical writers and analysts.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and successes of your team to the organisation.
Your Heroic Skills
- Experience leading a Product team – including managing, hiring and coaching Product Managers.
- Extensive experience with developer-focused, platform or internal tool (enablement) products. Bringing both a technical and product mindset to a problem space.
- A demonstrated ability to introduce and mature the craft of product into (platform) teams.
- Excellent product development skills. You know how to take ideas, define products, ship features, and measure impact.
- Outstanding communication skills – the ability to absorb context from the noise of an organisation and craft an accessible and inspiring story that resonates with your audience.
- Highly Analytical. You use data (both qualitative and quantitative) to make decisions with your team.
- Full of curiosity. You inspire others and are good at what you do, but are always curious and feel that there is always room to learn more.
- You have high standards for yourself and others, but work to ensure you can meet those standards together.
- Fluent in English.