Engage builds software to make finding, hiring, and paying workers painless. Our software is causing waves in the UK recruitment industry, serving end hirers, recruitment agencies and workers, so we’re growing the product development team to capitalise on the opportunity. Many of our clients and much of the market are established businesses that are looking for a better way to do part of their process for example timesheets, invoicing, processing payroll or registering workers.
Engage builds software to make finding, hiring, and paying workers painless. Our software is making waves in the UK recruitment industry, serving end hirers, recruitment agencies and workers, so we’re growing the product development team to capitalise on the opportunity. Many of our clients, and much of the market, are growing businesses that are looking for a better way to run some of their regular processes, such as gathering timesheets, invoicing, processing payroll, or registering workers.
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced product manager to lead our Time and Invoice solutions. These solutions are heavily dependent on integrations with leading third-party software vendors, and part of this role’s responsibilities involves improving the way we assess partnership opportunities and making sure that decisions, prioritisation, and implementations are aligned with company strategy.
We’re pretty excited about 2018 – we’re focused on reducing barriers to adoption and success for our users.
We think that a great product manager:
- Is motivated by the success of their users
- Understands the market and shares that understanding with their colleagues
- Owns and shapes the roadmap, and makes sure that the roadmap lines up with the roadmaps of their peers
- Works with design and engineering to design, test, and ship delightful product
- Have worked as a product manager, shipping software, for at least two years
- Have had responsibility for a product
- Have assessed and implemented Partnerships previously
- Write well and clearly, though you do not need to be a native English speaker
- Have a sense of design and enjoy the process of working with designers
- Write user stories with input from engineering and design
- Be excited by learning new things
Any of this sound familiar?
- Investing in understanding the user need is the best way to shape a delightful product
- Data is critical for decision-making, but it is only one aspect of a deep understanding of our users and market
- You understand that user stories are a way to get everyone on the same page, and to ship incrementally
- Shipping often reduces the risk that we’re building the wrong product
- Measuring feature success is hard but vital
Team and Culture
Our Product Management team is based in Paddington, London. You don’t need to be in the office five days a week, but there is a lot of work – like brainstorming – that can’t easily be performed remotely. We invest heavily in product management and design and believe that creating great product takes time and effort.
To work at this level you have to love technology, but not for its own sake. For us, technology exists to allow us to make our users successful.
We’re always looking to get better. Nothing is set in stone and everyone is allowed an opinion. We hope that once new team members they find their feet and get comfortable, they can contribute to making all of us better.
Read more about us at engagetech.workable.com.