NOW TV is the new internet TV service from Sky, offering access to Sky content on a wide range of broadband-connected devices. NOW TV provides instant access to some of Sky’s most popular content, including hundreds of films from Sky Movies and for the first time ever, Sky Sports on a pay as you go basis with the new Day Pass and now the new NOW TV box, bringing NOW TV to a bigger audience. With a distinctive look and identity, it stands out from the existing Sky TV service and will offer even more choice and flexibility to customers.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for Movies and Entertainment within NOW TV to be part of the ongoing success of NOW TV and help keep the momentum at which it is currently growing and evolving.
In this role, you will be responsible for owning the NOW TV Movies and Entertainment products. This includes being accountable for the product design and roadmap as well product delivery and the on-going in-life performance. You will have a shared accountability with the strategy and sales and marketing teams for ensuring the product meets its business objectives – aligned to the overall NOW TV goals.
As the figurehead for Movies and Entertainment within NOW TV, you will act as the product leader to clearly articulate the vision for these products across NOW TV and continue to drive the products forward. You will work closely with the propositions team to evolve the pricing and package options to develop the product for the target audience.
You will work closely with the creative and technical teams to experiment with concepts and ideas to advance the product, and will build relationships with colleagues across Sky. These will include working with Senior Stakeholders across NOW TV and the wider BSkyB business, including Sky Movies and Sky Entertainment teams, technology and the wider Product group to develop innovative product concepts in line with NOW TV’s broader objectives
In order to succeed in this role, you will have an understanding of the competitive landscape of both Movies and Entertainment, and will also develop a deep understanding of our product and how our customers use it, to maximise product development and ensure constant improvement to the product.
Skills and experience required for this role;
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a marketing or technology related discipline
- Strong experience of working within the internet TV industry in a product development role or related discipline with demonstrable experience delivering products in a new technology space
- A proven ability to identify new product opportunities and to make appropriate trade-offs and decisions in pursuing those opportunities
- Experience of working with technology departments, ideally with an appreciation of Agile development methodology
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A passion for movies and entertainment and a good understanding of how the industry is developing
This role is located in BSkyB’s Head Offices in West London.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply; It would be great to discuss this role further with you and potentially welcome you to the NOW TV team.
Sky – Believe in Better