Rainforest replaces QA teams with a no-code QA platform that PMs and developers use to test their software. Our goal is to create a magical product experience and help our customers build high-quality software products, faster, with smaller teams. We’ve developed a unique culture, powered by our tribe of smart and friendly people all over the globe. Our values are No BS and Be Weirdly Passionate, and you’ll find these evident in everything we do.
We’re midway to product/market fit, so we’re still very much in zero-to-one stage. A subset of our customers absolutely love what we do and are very sticky. Your job as our next Product Manager is to get that group to be the majority of customers. Based on a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and the industry, you’ll apply your creativity to set a vision, define desired outcomes, and then work with your team to bring solutions to life.
Being successful in this role will require making big bets, using customer insights, our abundant internal data, and your intuition to make the right decisions about what to build and how to build it. You’ll have broad autonomy over the work of your squad (each PM works with a designer and 2-3 developers) and be one of a group of 4 PMs working directly with the CEO.
Some important context:
- Our product is no-code; not low-code. This means that the usability bar for all core features is that someone non-technical will find delight in easily and successfully using the product.
- Developers are a core user for us. Rainforest needs to be powerful enough to handle the specific testing use-cases they care about, while being seamless enough to create little friction in their workflows, specifically code release.
- Our product teams operate with a lot of autonomy. This means you’re responsible for maintaining a roadmap, organizing and load balancing engineers, and working directly with a designer to deeply understand the nuances of customer needs for whatever problem space you’re focused on.
- Rainforest is still forging product/market fit. This role is not about optimizing something that’s already working — it’s about figuring out how to make something new work. You’ll need deep experience doing this, even if it’s not in a PM role. Founder experience is a plus!
- Rainforest is changing the industry. We are not repeating what has already been done. This means that there are not a lot of examples to copy from, and it means that our PMs often need to reason from first principles.
- Plan, organize, and execute on user research to deeply understand customer problems and user needs
- Constantly remove ambiguity–always seeing the big picture and understanding how the pieces fit together. You take disparate ideas and turn them into prioritized problems to research and solve with minimal guidance.
- Develop mutually-productive relationships with customers
- Dynamically set and adjust priorities and roadmap for a product squad(featuring a UX designer and multiple engineers)
- Formulate hypotheses and validate them with continuous experimentation
- Communicate product updates internally and to customers via go-to-market materials
- Become an expert in software release process with a focus on testing, including best practices and trade-offs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Analytical and data-driven
- Unrivaled sense of autonomy, ownership, and comfort with a fast-paced startup
- Resilient and persistent; we’re looking for consultative problem solvers to help our customer succeed!
Requirements specific to this role:
- Experience as a product manager at an early stage SaaS startup and a track record of shipping high-quality solutions fast, often and without ego.
- Experience working on products specifically built for product or development teams
- Experience working with a pre-product/market fit company
- Experience holding yourself and others to high accountability standards
- Experience formulating ideas with user research and running insightful experiments
Nice to have:
- Developer / DevOps background
How we’ll reward you:
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents (U.S., only).
- Unlimited paid time-off (PTO).
- A weekly allowance for lunches and a monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Semi-annual company off-sites in exciting destinations around the world.
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 8 weeks of paid leave for supporting parents.
- 401k (U.S., only).
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Due to employment laws, we are unable to hire individuals internationally located in these following countries at this time: China, France, Iran, Egypt, Russia.