DO WHAT YOU LOVE!
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Product Manager’s role is to define where our Industrial AI platform needs to go by creating a roadmap about what needs to get built and communicating those needs to our engineering team. The Product Manager will be responsible for full life cycle product management and overall positioning of the platform for commercial success including supporting the sales team and marketing team with their efforts.
MAKE AN IMPACT!
1. Support Canvass AI’s overall growth strategy in terms of securing more customers and greater revenue by creating and defining the future direction for our Industrial AI platform including plans, tangible visions, and roadmaps to get there. Additional responsibility includes ensuring full adoption and usage of the Canvass platform, post-purchase.
2. Lead the development of future releases of the platform by working with product designers and software engineers. Specifically, the product manager will be responsible for defining the specifications of new capabilities to be built, ensuring those specifications are communicated to and understood by product designers and software engineers, and guiding the software development process.
3. Become and be recognized as an internal expert on the Canvass AI platform. Demonstrate leadership by providing training and information on specific products such as: “how to talk about the product”, and “how to position the product” and be able to demo the product and share information about its application and use in the industry in easy-to-understand terms.
HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
· 3 – 5 years work experience in an industrial engineering setting, with a preference for process industries (vs discrete)
· Degree in Engineering from a designated university
· Deep knowledge of Operational Technology (Plant floor systems and technology)
· Experience working with industrial data (e.g., Data Historians such as OSIsoft, Aspen Tech)
· OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) understanding and demonstrated use.
· Ability to identify customer/user problems and define software solutions to address them
· Excellent communication skills, able to work equally well with our customers, developers, and internal stakeholders such as Marketing and Customer Success
· A curious nature to think outside the box and love to experiment.
· Collaboration skills and the knowledge that success as a product manager is rooted in ensuring the whole team is aligned and working together toward the same goal
· [Nice to have] B2B SaaS Company experience
· [Nice to have] Agile software environment
· [Nice to have] Strong data literacy and a track record of using data and experimentation to drive product decision
· [Bonus] Having built AI and machine learning models to solve industrial problems
· [Bonus] Preferably you’ve worked in a startup before and understand life in a startup
· [Bonus] Experience using Pendo
WHY YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM!
Canvass AI is a leader in industrial AI. Canvass is innovating the way and empowering the industrial workforce to use AI in day-to-day operations. Our work has been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Start-up and by Canadian Innovation Exchange as a Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company. We’re an agile scale-up with the operational intelligence of a global business. As we accelerate rapidly, we are constantly looking for driven and ambitious innovators to join our team.
Canvass is a place where being formidable, innovative, and impactful is part of our DNA. We have an inclusive culture that thrives on the challenges and opportunities that being a disruptor brings. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes, and are accountable for it. We are a flat organization where you will be invited (and expected!) to be part of the conversation!
Don’t take our word for it – see why our team loves to work at Canvass.
WHAT YOU GET… YES, THERE’S MORE!
· Part of Canvass’s Success Story Stock options to make you an owner in the company
· Learning and Development: Free Coursera account to advance your skills and interests
· Fostering innovation: Hackathons to showcase your ideas and skills
· Inspiring positive impact: Guest speakers to inspire our mission and the impact it has on the world around us
· Rewarding high performance: Quarterly and annual All-Stars recognition program
· Social and supportive team environment: Active social committee to help you meet team members; employee off-site events
· Focus on health and wellness: Generous vacation and health benefits, annual wellness gift
· Technology: Whether working from the office or remotely, you’ll have access to the right tech and tools to set you up for success.
READY TO WORK?
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a formal application through our website Careers (canvass.io).
We love connecting with candidates who want to know more – find our staff on LinkedIn and get connected today!
Canvass AI supports an inclusive safe working environment and welcomes and encourages applications from everyone. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please include your request for any specific accommodations in your cover letter.