Our first product the Hudl tablet was launched in September 2013 to great criticalreception. And what’s more important, our customers loved it too. We’re looking for highly motivated people to join us, who have a passion for solving people’s problems with technology and who can help us in our mission to become the best multichannel retailer in the world. Joining us means playing a part in defining, building and launching an ambitious roadmap of products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Product Manager to join our growing team and support us in the development and delivery of our Connected Products software experience roadmap for 2014. The position is based in London (EC) with occasional travel to our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City.
- Manage a range of inlife products and new product development initiatives, across a broad portfolio of software services for connected products.
- Define and drive the software strategy for your products, in conjunction with key stakeholders, aligning your plans with core business strategy, market insight and customer feedback.
- Develop and prioritise product backlogs for your products, ensuring a focus on minimum viable product and metrics driven decision making.
- Manage the product development process for your products effectively, to ensure efficient delivery of new products and features within a Scrum/XP agile environment.
- Build and optimize relationships with relevant Tesco business units and external development partners/agencies, to ensure that products are the best that they can be.
- Drive innovation by proactively identifying and implementing new ideas/technologies/partners, that have the potential to substantially improve customer experience and/or create product differentiation.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across hardware product development, marketing, legal and engineering, to ensure quality, strategic fit and successful delivery in all facets of new product development.
- Organise and oversee user testing initiatives, in order to fully understand how our customers engage with our products.
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitors, market and technology trends, in order to inform strategic decision making and tactical feature development.
- Possess the ability to conceive and shape digital products and features in the context of overall business goals.
- Be comfortable making challenging, often conflicting product decisions regarding ‘doing it now’ as opposed to ‘doing it right’.
- Be clearly passionate about new technologies and trends with a proven understanding of the connected devices and broader mobile and retail marketplaces.
- Possess demonstrable experience of bringing B2C technology products to market, preferably within a hardware/devices context.
- Have an outstanding track record of success in delivering disruptive products in an evolving category.
- Possess a strong appreciation of user experience design, service design and design thinking.
- Have experience with multiple frameworks for qualitatively and quantitatively determining customer needs and product opportunities/priorities.
- Be naturally systematic, analytical and metrics driven, capable of building a data driven framework for product development decision making.
- Be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Be creatively minded with a strong aesthetic sensibility.
- Have demonstrable experience of practicing agile development using Scrum & XP.
- Be able to clearly express business and customer requirements to technical teams.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver big ideas, whilst maintaining remarkable attention to detail.
- Have a strong technical awareness and exposure to key technologies, with specific strengths in mobile operating systems (esp. Android), information architecture, etc.
- Bring a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at a high velocity. You think big but operate pragmatically.
- Be self-driven and organised, able to manage your own and others’ time to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly establish positive internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Possess a positive communication style and excellent presentation skills, with the ability to influence across cultures, colleagues and cross functional teams.
To Apply please send your CV to: Marcus.firstname.lastname@example.org