A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are more than 100 people, our team currently represents 26 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very stimulating problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
We are solving hard, interesting problems at Belvo: what does the world look like when consumers fully control their financial data, so they can try any fintech product with 1-click? If we design this well, the next 100 Rappis and Nubanks will be built on our platform.
Design at Belvo is a B2B2C problem. We design a platform for our business customers to buy and integrate with. We also design consumer experiences for our customer’s customers to link their accounts, so they can pay, get a loan, or improve their financial behavior.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver a consistent experience by managing product design, marketing design and brand design.
- Define design vision and strategy for B2B and B2C parts of our business.
- Contribute to product strategy and execute the product roadmap. Hit deadlines and quality bars. Partner with Product Management.
- Evolve Belvo’s brand. Partnering with Marketing. Uphold our brand in execution.
- Grow the team by hiring and nurturing a team with a balanced range of skill sets. Cheering for team performance and team health.
- Scale design by leveraging and improving our design system and brand assets.
- Solve design problems that are unique to each audience, product and our operating countries.
- Operate the Design org with sound planning, principles, frameworks and processes.
This position may be for you if:
- 3+ years of design management experience with direct reports in product-oriented companies
- Experience building and shipping software across mobile and desktop platforms
- Experience guiding product direction and strategic thinking based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and executives, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- You can present and articulate the vision in a purposeful and thoughtful way, have an eye for detail, and an excellent sense of aesthetics and functionality
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills with a talent for articulating customer problems
- You built your own startup or built a product from 0-1 from concept to launch.
- Experience guiding marketing and brand work with agencies or internal teams.
- Speak Spanish or Portuguese.
- Worked in a remote or distributed organization.
- You have worked in fintech.
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
📈 Annual company bonus
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 3 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🏝 1 week off on your 2-year anniversary