At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
SimplePractice is seeking a data-informed Senior Product Manager with a history of creating world-class user experiences that leverage the unique advantages of a platform resulting in powerful workflows, and the seemingly-impossible simplification of burdensome tasks for customers. The job level will be determined based on experience. You will use your healthcare experience to both improve current features and scope future billing projects, all with a lens of simplifying clinician workflows, collecting accurate data for filing medical claims, and automating the entire revenue cycle whenever possible. The individual will work autonomously and proactively, focused on taking our best-in-class insurance billing system to the next level. Our insurance claim filing, tracking, and reconciliation system is rooted in the power of end-to-end simplicity. This approach results in alleviating clinicians and clients of the burdensome complexity of insurance.
- Identify, define, build, launch, and iterate on Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) features that deliver high-quality user experiences for clients, providers, and any other parties involved
- Build, maintain and deliver on a roadmap for our insurance billing system (marketing, customer success, product admin)
- Evaluate and define all pointes of integration with third party systems and partners, then manage the ongoing relationships
- Work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Customer Success, and ISC (Information, Security, Compliance) using clear communication and personal accountability to take products ideas from concept to launch
- Translate a larger strategic vision into a concrete, prioritized plan that can be executed on to deliver an MVP and iterative improvements
- Apply a combination of qualitative and quantitative research, customer understanding, and product intuition to inform decisions and prioritization
- Work autonomously and be able to take ownership of product prioritization decisions
- Be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities
- Opportunity to expand your ownership to additional product areas
- Opportunity to propose new product initiatives for the company
- Opportunity to co-define the best ways of working for our product development team
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Product Management experience, with at least 2 years in revenue cycle management
- Experience specifically in medical insurance billing using various payment systems and accessing account data, capturing data, and data extraction
- Knowledge of HIPAA laws, medical claim billing and Medicare Cost Report audit processes
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical acumen to collaborate with external platform partners, drive API integrations, and maintain relationships to execute technical projects successfully
- Identify and troubleshoot software-related billing issues, scope and map interfaces between internal and external software; and, partner with external vendors
- Deep understanding of data science, AI, and machine learning techniques and modeling for NLP, Entity recognition, virtual assistants, etc
- Comfort with ambiguity and breaking down complex problems
- Experience conducting interviews with customers to uncover product opportunities
- Strong written and in-person communication skills
- Takes initiative to drive projects forward within a fast-paced environment
- Experience with managing large cross-functional projects with technical depth
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).