At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team to take over this new role. Yousician is one product comprised of several components and we are looking for someone to lead the product development for one of these components. In this challenging role, you will be working with music educators, designers and developers. Your main responsibility will be to translate the user needs and market opportunities into a compelling product vision and roadmap for your component. At Yousician, product managers work very closely together with developers, so the role comprises a fair amount of project management as well. We believe in small and efficient teams: one product/project manager plus 4-5 developers. Are you ready for the challenge? Ready to make a dent in the musical universe?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will be responsible for creating a compelling product vision and roadmap for our world-class music education service with the help of music educators and designers.
- You will be leading one of several product squads working in different but related areas, coordinating with other Product Managers and squad leads.
- You will be the heart, mind and voice of our users; your job is to understand our customers and how they use our product to learn basic elements of music and music theory in a fun and engaging way.
- You will be responsible for KPI relating to education, user engagement, and more.
- You’ll identify and prioritize market and product opportunities.
- It will be your task to meet product targets by prioritizing, evaluating, executing and following up on implementation schedule.
- You’ll be analyzing the performance of the features you and your squad develop together with the help of a data analyst.
- You’ll facilitate cross-functional teamwork and communicate all around with your own squad, management, design, marketing and other team leads.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience in product management with successful track record of published software product (preferably B2C & mobile apps).
- Able to get hands dirty to understand customers and user behaviour.
- You are practical visionaire with analytical thinking who is able to bring product vision into reality.
- You are comfortable with numbers, and enjoy data informed decision-making; experience in data analysis tools is an advantage.
- Able to communicate well in cross-functional teams and lead people along a product journey.
- You have passion for music, but it doesn’t matter whether you have professional music instrument skills or not; however knowledge of music would be a great asset.
- You are interested in technology and technology products (e.g. gadgets, gaming) and have love for casual games (mobile games).
- Background in software development, teaching, gaming or marketing is an asset.
- Experience running small development teams in agile fashion (Scrum Master and Product Owner experience a plus).
- If you don’t know how to play an instrument, no problem. Willing to invest time to learn one or two (with Yousician) is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.