About our company:
· SAGE is an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
· We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we’re dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
· We’re passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
About our team:
· We care about our users. We are commercial. We make things happen. We are always learning.
· We are the commercial product management and UX function at SAGE. We are the experts in the online experience, catalysts for delivery and passionate about building and evolving products to enable teaching, learning and research.
Could you be our new Snr Director, Product Management? Are you?
· Passionate about building products to improve learning and research
· Able to demonstrate a proven track record on delivery
· Expert in core product management competencies at any stage in the life cycle
· An experienced leader of motivated teams who are skilled, expert and empowered
· Always learning
Your new role:
· Work with leaders in each area of our business to define the product vision and strategic roadmap that drives usage & engagement to support sales, renewals and innovation
· Accountable for delivery from the team against targets
· Responsible for a team who is steeped in market knowledge & product data and can accurately represent the voice of our users and customers
· Owns the target state for the product management function, continuously improving the execution and skills of the team and managing a Lean culture
· Responsible for the management of a vibrant and inclusive culture of learning where team diversity is fostered, celebrated and increased
· Accountable for strong proposals from the team, employing analytical skill to aggregate data and qualitative information to deliver product solutions and strategies for delivery
· Effectively manages the team budget and drives productivity throughout the team
· Fosters creativity within the team to encourage a level of experimentation to explore new ways to leverage data, technology and tools to improve user experience and drive discovery, access and engagement with SAGE’s content resources to support learning and research
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
If you are interested in applying please submit your CV and cover letter.