The web is full of engaging and informative content, but staying organized and focused can be challenging. At Niphtio, our mission is to enable people to achieve their reading goals by providing our users with tools to keep track of content that’s interesting to them on the web, while helping them feel in control, and without feeling overwhelmed or manipulated.
As our first dedicated Product Manager, we are looking for someone to seek, understand, and become the expert in the market segments where we can make the biggest impact and deliver experiences customers need. Your expertise will be used to influence strategy and execution, and you’ll work with our cross-functional team to plan and deliver features that customers love. Our ideal candidate has a good sense of what’s out there, what customers really want, and knows how to effectively communicate their ideas to an analytical audience.
You’ll have a creative, intelligent, and supportive group of people to help imagine ways to address user needs and measure outcomes. Our in-house designer will work with you to translate solutions into polished user experiences. Our experienced software development team will work with you to ensure that we address our users’ needs in a reasonable amount of time.
While your responsibilities lie heavily in discovery, you will also own the planning, validation, and distribution, as well as be involved in execution. This includes:
- Identifying problems worth solving
- Developing a deep understanding of our users through whatever means possible such as user interviews, data, analytics, surveys, and market research
- Using common sense, analysis, data, past research, and other tools to persuade stakeholders
- Working with leadership to form product focuses and actionable plans, and facilitating the execution of these plans
- Leveraging insights to help designers and developers make product decisions
- Leading initiatives to continually evolve
- Seeking distribution channels and planning product launches
- Strong intuition for what customers want
- Strong communication skills
- Experience leading product initiatives in a technical, entrepreneurial environment and managing risk
- Worked as or with designers
- Worked as or with software developers
Nice to haves
- Formal training in Product Management
- Formal training in Psychology
- Formal training in Business or Marketing
- Design experience (sketching, wireframing)
- Coding experience