Economist Impact combines the rigour of a think-tank with the creativity of a media brand to engage an influential global audience.
We partner with corporations, foundations, NGOs and governments across big themes including sustainability, health and the changing shape of globalisation to catalyse change and enable progress.
With the power of The Economist Group behind it, Economist Impact crafts bespoke partnerships using a potent portfolio of capabilities including:
- policy research and insights
- branded content
- media & advertising
- design thinking and data visualisation
- global and bespoke events
The product function sits as part of a global commercial product and data team in Economist Impact. The Product & Data team has been created as a digital centre of excellence within the business, to consolidate product development, engineering, data analysis, and delivery within the same group. The Product Manager – Content Platforms is a key part of the team, focused on developing our audience management and insight capabilities.
How you will contribute:
- Own the Audience Insights, Tagging, and Audience Activation products
- Manage key third-party data collection and activation platforms, such as Economist Impact’s data management platform (DMP), tag management and data aggregation tools
- Undertake discovery work relating to brand new product opportunities identified by the Product Manager themselves and the broader Product & Data team, involving engaging with clients, end users, internal stakeholders, coupled with competitive analysis, user testing, and market research to identify product market fit and strategy
- Collaborate with the Head of Product & Data and other Product Managers to shape and develop the product backlog and roadmap according to business and strategic priorities
- Work with design, data, and engineering teams throughout the full sprint cycle of planning, delivery and retrospective to manage the delivery of performant software products
- Use qualitative and quantitative insights to assess product performance and inform both product strategy and incremental improvements
- Contribute to communicating the product roadmap, and product launches for new products across relevant teams and stakeholders in various contexts
- Support delivery teams in successfully rolling out pilot projects for products brought to market
- Engage and exchange ideas with the broader Economist Group product management community of practice, and represent product lines owned with the wider product group
- Engage with other product, data, and technology teams across the group
- Participate in the delivery of training sessions and workshops on specific products, platforms or broader areas of technology relevant to The Economist Group’s digital capabilities.
- Contribute ideas to improve the workflows and processes of the Product & Data team and help with their adoption
Ideal skills for the role:
- Previous product management experience preferred, a passion for developing, optimising and scaling products is essential
- Strong analytical skills, with strong spreadsheet skills and desirably experience with data processing and manipulation using a language like SQL or Python.
- Experience working with some advertising and analytics platforms, eg. Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, DMPs, Supermetrics, Adobe Analytics etc
- A good understanding of the digital media and advertising landscape
- Strong communication skills, and be comfortable in presenting to and running workshops with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with tag management and tag management tools, eg. Google Tag Manager, Tealium would be advantageous
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in a STEM field would be advantageous
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, gender identity, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation , age or marital status.