We are looking for a Product Manager and an Associate Product manager to join our new products team. We work flexibly to find and develop new, innovative products that support social science researchers, foster faculty success in teaching and enable student learning. We launched two products that we are growing, while also exploring new product opportunities through discovery and fast experimentation. We work across departments and are accountable to the Research Methods Innovation, Teaching Pillar and the Product Innovation groups.
Now is an exciting time to join the team as we expand and explore new initiatives and opportunities that meet the needs of UK and International customers within an increasingly digital market.
Could you be our new product or associate product manager?
• You will have some experience developing your own roadmaps (or supporting a product manager) at an early stage
• You know how to find product-market fit, for example using Melissa Perri’s adaptation of Kata, or you supported your manager or product person in an equivalent process
• You worked with users directly, are not afraid of cold calling and know how to run both problem and solution validation surveys and interviews
• You ran or participated in design sprints before or learned about them in an agile course
• You are a strong communicator and can develop strong internal and external relationships and build relationships with other teams.
• You are comfortable and keen to do a lot of desk research and keep up with technology trends as well as trends related to social science research and library markets
• You are passionate about new and emerging technologies and can think about ways to incorporate these into new or existing products
• You’ve got good organizational skills and a willingness to work on completely new solutions in a fast-paced environment
• You solve problems swiftly and can anticipate long-term challenges when building new products
• You understand what is involved in working on new products
• You love all things innovation and have a curious attitude
Your new role:
• In the first 2 months, you will get up to speed with the textbooks or research methods innovation space, the products we have and the ideas we’ve got in the backlog
• By the end of the first 2 months, you will either be supporting a product manager in delivering on a roadmap and a couple of ongoing product experiments, or you will have picked out and independently designed experiments for 2-3 problem spaces
• In the next 3 months you will either be supporting a product manager in coordinating experiments and learning about new opportunity spaces; or will be fully leading on your own products, developing and testing a mockup, defining KPIs and the roadmap, find and test revenue streams
• In the long-term, you will continue collaborating closely with our partners on the products you are supporting or leading; as well as developing and validating problems and solutions for new products with the aim of learning fast, discarding those with low potential, and launching products in high potential areas
• You will communicate regularly with stakeholders across the business, leading on product queries
• You will size and evaluate markets opportunities with the team
• You might also price products and model the costs and revenues
• You will learn to work with freelancers
• You will learn about web technologies
• You will learn about learning and teaching trends and technologies, across disciplines or focusing on research methods
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
If you are interested in applying please apply with your cover letter and CV and be sure to include details about your interest in or experience with product discovery.