Surplex is an internationally successful eCommerce company which operates in the field of second-hand machinery for metal machining as well as wood working. Our team consists of 200 men/women that work at our headquarters in Duesseldorf, as well as at our subsidiaries and foreign representations in Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland and UK. We combine the advantages of eCommerce with a classical customer service mindset and accompany our customers through all stages of the selling and buying processes.
That’s what we offer
There are many reasons to choose Surplex as your new employer. For example, that employees and their needs really count at Surplex. We cultivate an appreciative and sustainable way of working together. Our management, consisting of Michael, Uli and Ghislaine, runs the company with heart and mind and is approachable for everyone (and really everyone). Flat hierarchies, open doors and short decision-making processes are important to us. 30 days of annual leave (with a 5-day week), trust-based working hours and up to four days of mobile working per week offer you and your family a high degree of flexibility. Your health is also important to us: height-adjustable desks in our super-modern office, a sponsored occupational disability insurance for permanent employees and trainees, as well as a worldwide, privately valid group accident insurance contribute to your healthy and secure everyday working life. In addition, we offer a wide range of benefits such as bicycle leasing, fruit baskets, employee discount systems, company tickets, etc.
At Surplex, you will experience a corporate culture where diversity in every respect is the basis. We work in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
And last but not least, we offer you the opportunity to take on exciting tasks as a fully-fledged team member and to leave a lasting, positive impression on our customers, strengthening Surplex’s image as a professional online auction platform and employer.
Your tasks will include
Surplex as an online auction house impresses, among other things, with its variety of customer-oriented services. The goal of our development is to raise these services to a new level and to constantly expand them. In order to continue to provide an outstanding customer experience, we want to expand our team in Product Management.
For this we are looking for you (m/f/d) to take over the following tasks:
- you are responsible for the further development of parts of our digital products
- you will be responsible for identifying, designing and prioritizing product requirements
- you understand the needs, wishes and pains of the users through data, experiments as well as the exchange with your colleagues. You work closely with other departments
- you put great emphasis on a good product experience and lightweight user flows
- you take into account business and strategic goals as well as external compliance requirements
- you work outcome- and impact-oriented
- you measure your successes by means of meaningful KPIs
- you are the contact person for internal stakeholders and lead internal workshops with confidence
That’s what we are expecting of you
- you have at least 5 years of experience in digital product management and an agile mindset
- you already have applied experience with product discovery practices
- you have a technical understanding and can discuss technical implications with developers
- you have a strong analytical mindset and methodological skills
- you communicate confidently in German and English
- you enjoy working in a team, collaboratively developing solutions and regularly exchanging knowledge with your PO and Scrum Master colleagues
- you are result-oriented, conscientious and reliable, at the same time you have a healthy sense of humor
What will happen next
- As soon as we receive your application, a team consisting of Karin, the responsible HR Manager, and the specialist department will examine it closely to see if it fits our requirements profile.
- If we get a positive result from your application, we will invite you to an interview in which you will get an overview of Surplex and the position. Here you will meet the Head of Product Management as well as our Scrum Master and HR.
- Finally, you will meet the Product Management team during a get-to-know day before you and we make a final decision.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Yes?! Then we should get to know each other. Please apply via our homepage, stating your salary requirements and your next possible availability. Your contact person is Karin.
Do you have a question about this position? Use our WhatsApp chat with the HR department to send us your question! On weekdays between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. you can reach us via WhatsApp at +49 211 97532859 and we will do our best to answer you as soon as possible.
You want to get a first impression of Surplex as an employer? Then follow us on Instagram (@surplexcareer)!
At Surplex, everyone is welcome: We stand for diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities in hiring, because that’s how opportunities are created for us and for you. We are colorful – and we are committed to an inclusive culture as well as a sense of belonging in the workplace. We look forward to receiving your application!