Who we are
A piece of the moon,a complete dinosaur skeleton,the Pope’s hat,the world’s smallest book – at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day.
Catawiki is the leading online marketplace to buy and sell special objects. We offer over 75,000 special objects in auction every week — each reviewed and selected by one of Catawiki’s hundreds of in-house experts specialised in Art, Design, Jewellery, Fashion, Classic Cars, Collectables and many more.
We’ve sold 10 million unique items to date and it’s our mission to become the world’s most popular auction destination for special objects.
We’re an innovative, pioneering and fast-growing scale-up. If you think you can make a difference to our team, go ahead and apply.
How you’ll make an impact
The Supply vertical in Catawiki is the linchpin of the marketplace. Catawiki is known for the exceptional and rare objects sold to passionate buyers worldwide. To do this, we have two areas: Seller Experience and Curation. The Seller Experience teams help sellers sell their special items and be successful on Catawiki. This involves driving growth, optimising their experience, and assisting large professional sellers to gain efficiency. The Curation teams help our Experts curate and merchandise lots & auctions, and make sure that experts have necessary tools to be effective. In this role you will work in one multidisciplinary team within the Curation domain to:
- Understand and identify Expert behaviours and needs through research and analysis, working closely with UX Design, commercial operations and sales.
- Analyse, understand, and share lessons from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Contribute to the overall product vision and strategy for your area.
- Take full ownership of the product, the roadmap and prioritisation of new features and existing features.
- Execute on that roadmap with clear expected outcomes and meticulous measurement.
- Create rollout strategies, documentation, and training to maximize value for your users
- Empower your team and cross-collaborate with other teams across the company to unlock their full potential.
- Manage and work closely with your stakeholders to identify the best opportunities and problems to solve, and subsequently get everyone aligned for fast implementation
Who you are
In addition to your demonstrable experience as a Product Manager in a fast-growing online company, you also have:
- A strong belief in customer-centric product development.
- Strong analytical and data driven approach; you base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- Experience working directly with engineers, designers and data scientists
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, natural collaboration and communication skills, fluent in English, and good at posing probing questions to quickly and fully understand what someone’s talking about.
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation; you’re aware that valuable information comes from both positive and negative results through experimentation.
- An interest and curiosity in the world of (online) auctions.
- Affinity with/understanding of machine learning to power automation.
- An intrinsic motivation to drive operational efficiency and overcoming resistance to change.
- Energy, a commercial focus, and a sense of urgency to everything you touch; you’re a self-motivated and results-driven person who is not afraid to get their hands dirty to solve a problem.
- An agile and innovative mindset with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment, plus the ability to deal with complexity and ambiguous situations.
- An eagerness to learn; You seek continuous feedback and input.
- Experience as a Product Manager in a fast-growing (and ideally e-commerce focused) company. Bonus: experience in online marketplaces
If you don’t meet all the criteria and you’re passionate about the opportunity we still encourage you to apply. We’re committed to carefully reviewing and considering all applications.
Where you’ll be
This role is based in Amsterdam but we can offer remote work from the following countries: France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain and The U.K. We also offer an excellent relocation package for people living outside of the Netherlands.
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 800+ international Catawikians; you’ll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top-notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Our commitment to you
Catawiki’s eclectic team represents an international and intergenerational mix of people from different professional and cultural backgrounds. We foster an inclusive and queer-friendly work environment, committed to making every Catawikian feel welcomed and empowered. Whatever your story, we encourage you to bring your unique perspective to the table.
Catawiki stands with Ukraine and encourages people displaced by the current conflict to apply. In addition to the several initiatives we’ve launched, we’re open to ideas on ways we can continue to support the humanitarian effort.
Our offices and new way of working
We’ve embraced an activity-based way of working, meaning our team can choose how they split their work week between home and the office, in line with our remote framework and guidelines. In locations where we have physical offices, most employees enjoy two days at the office to connect and collaborate with each other.
Our experts and sales staff in local markets work 100% remotely – in most cases from home. Some key positions are hired remotely, while we also offer relocation services for colleagues needing to be closer to the office.