The Product Manager plays a critical role at Project Neutral, overseeing the design, development and operation of our digital engagement platform (household carbon benchmarking and impact measurement web app, website, and communication infrastructure). You are deeply committed to creating engaging user experiences and are responsive to user feedback. You’ve got your finger on the pulse of emerging tech and are strategic about developing tools now and for the future. You’re a boundary spanner, equally comfortable speaking with developers and executives. You can manage complex projects with ease and thrive in a collaborative, evolving environment.
Project Neutral’s online engagement platform is at the centre of our operations and impact. We’re looking for a dynamic leader to bring ideas to life and help us create compelling digital experiences for our users and partners. This includes overseeing a multi-phase platform enhancement project (strategy, product roadmap, implementation). In this role, you’ll shape the future of household engagement on climate change, helping more people take bigger steps to reduce their environmental impact.
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2018
Term: Full-time, 2-year term with opportunity for extension
Location: Flexible (team is based in Toronto); some travel within Ontario anticipated.
Salary: $48,000 – $53,000 per year, dependent on strengths and experiences, plus vacation and comprehensive benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the rollout of a multi-phase platform redesign project to improve user experience and support continuous engagement:
- Set the product vision and strategy to achieve organizational objectives
- Develop and manage product development roadmap
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Manage external web development partner firm and other contractors
- Drive product launch in new and existing communities
- Continuously optimize based on user insights and analytics
- Seek opportunities to expand services and support users and partners in achieving impact
- Support integration of digital marketing strategy and community engagement activities
- Compile and analyze user data to support reporting to funders, Steering Committee and staff
- 3-5 years’ proven experience managing complex product development projects, using agile/scrum approaches
- Passion for creating compelling user experiences through interaction design
- Deep curiosity about people’s aspirations, needs and behaviours for adopting low-carbon actions
- Exceptional product and project management skills
- Strong eye for design and experience with prototyping/design tools (Invision, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Strong communication and consultation skills, including the ability to translate business objectives into project requirements and communicate with non-technical audiences
- Solid tech background with familiarity with wide breadth of technology functions and platforms (web app development, data visualization, database management, CRM, analytics)
- Adaptable, positive team player comfortable working in a startup environment
- Ability to prioritize time and resources to best support organizational goals
- Familiarity with household GHG reduction activities
- Familiarity with behavioural science and community-based social marketing
- Experience with digital organizing and/or digital marketing
- Experience managing system and data infrastructure