The Role – PDM Lead Product Manager
Specifically, you will be working as part of our Group Digital Product team, reporting to the Head of Product Data.
In this role you lead the Product Management team responsible for the development and deployment of the core Product Data Master technology stack: Product Information Management, Product Data Quality and Digital Asset Management systems. The team task will be to manage end to end the development of functional system enhancements: from prioritising the backlog and defining the requirements, developing through sprint cycles with the engineering scrum teams, through to landing new process and changes with the business – all within agreed timescales.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the esco.com business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- To manage the workstream within the Product Management team responsible for the development and deployment of the core Product Data Master technology
- Working with business stakeholders to define, prioritise requirements for development of the Product Data Master systems
- Working with IT to deliver solutions to business requirements within the Product Data Master systems
- Working with the Product Data Team Programme Office to ensure that solutions are delivered within the agreed time lines, decisions are passed through the appropriate governance bodies and any risks/issues to the plan are managed effectively.
- Ensuring the business process and change impacts of solutions are captured and working with the Business change team landed within the business units.
- Ensuring key stakeholders and leadership are informed on progress of benefits delivery against their requirements.
- Putting our customers first – ensure all the product tools we design and build, improve product data quality for customers and improve efficiency for internal business user
Key Skills and Experience
- Solid demonstrable experience working in an agile environment
- Solid technical understanding – you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations and know when to challenge and ask questions
- You will be a natural planner looking ahead, raising issues, providing solutions and meeting deadlines
- The successful candidate will have a tenacious can-do, will-do mentality. Whilst being personally robust and willing to challenge the status quo, you will work closely with other team members and must be able to bring people with you.
- Creative, analytical and pragmatic – you will be able to provide recommendations and make decisions on behalf of the customer and business.
To Apply please send your CV to: Marcus.firstname.lastname@example.org