Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, campaigns, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director of Project Management for a full-time remote position. The successful applicant will assist in leading our team’s project managers, coordinate our project management process and help our Director of Project Management by assisting with operations for our project management team. Applicants must have experience with managing staff and a strong knowledge of managing website projects, interactive design, UX, and website content strategy. We are ultimately seeking the right person for the job and will be open to alternative titles for this role based on the individual’s strengths and experience.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Manage web and digital projects from start to finish, including:
- Create and manage scopes, timelines, and budgets, including researching for and writing proposals
- Lead regular check-ins with clients and cross-functional internal teams
- Organize and provide regular updates and communications with project teams
- Manage and enhance internal documentation and suite of tools on projects (Asana, Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, 1Password, Figma, Bugherd)
- Look for ways to improve our internal tools, systems, and processes to increase efficiency and impact
- Lead project kick-offs (internally and with client teams) as well as project debriefs (internally) so we can continuously improve on our work
- Collaborate with our design and development teams to help craft creative ideas, strategies, and solutions for our clients’ needs
- Collaborate with our design and development teams on quality assurance and testing of deliverables
- Accurately track project hours and budget via time tracking software, keeping both clients and internal team members on track and within scope
Grow and sustain client relationships
- Be the internal expert on each client you work with, conducting research to deeply familiarize yourself on their structure, goals, and needs
- Triage questions and issues that come up from clients
- Be one of the faces of the company: identify and execute strategies to maintain and grow our client relationships.
- Look for and lead on opportunities that may include conferences, events, thought leadership/writing, etc.
Digital content strategy
- Produce content checklists for client projects
- Where needed, and alongside other members of the team, assist in wireframing and/or user testing, managing and/or executing content production, sourcing imagery, and/or managing content entry and proofreading
- Lead client trainings and educate clients on best practices
- Maintain awareness of best practices and trends in content and marketing (social media, digital organizing, search engine optimization and web analytics, and user experience in particular)
Project Management Team Mentorship
- In partnership with the leadership team, manage team capacity across the full scope of our projects, triaging resourcing issues when they come up and forecasting ahead for sales purposes.
- In coordination with the Director of Project Management, determine skill and resource needs on the team and support recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new team members, and mentoring current team members towards their own career goals as well as Wide Eye’s company goals
- Assist in driving process improvements and identifying operational challenges, recommending resolutions and advocating for the project management team’s goals.
- While the Director of Project Management is on parental leave, provide leadership of the Project Management team.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, with at least 2 years in an agency setting
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver website redesign projects on time, in budget, and within scope
- Experience managing staff
- Strong technical understanding and experience working with WordPress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability maintaining and growing relationships
- Patient, strategic, solutions-focused, and able to remain calm when problems arise
- Strong intuition and judgment – always one step ahead and able to make decisions that balance client and company needs
- Experience working with a wide range of digital technologies: Content Management Systems (CMSs), CRMs, digital analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Demonstrated ability working with project managers, designers, and engineers
- Professional, strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment.
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.