At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team, and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
We are goal-driven and dedicated
We use our own tools every day
We thrive together with our community
We are customer-obsessed
We believe in people’s ability to grow
About the role:
This senior-level role will be responsible for Vercel’s Collaboration product area and will work with the growing Next.js Live engineering team, Partners and dependent Vercel product teams to ensure coverage and satisfaction of products.
This person will interface heavily with internal collaborators across teams to manage, prioritize and complete product launches, research and validation and releases.
As more people turn to Vercel, we will continue to meet the needs of modern web developers. We are looking for a product leader to help shape and deliver on our vision to empower teams around the world which is, building and shipping secure, performant applications, and create rich end-user experiences that improve the lives of people operating in countless different industries globally.
As the Senior Product Manager you will report to the Director of Product and work closely with Vercel’s engineering, design, marketing and sales organizations. This is an opportunity make the story of our products streamlined, and bring the most inspirational products at Vercel to life. You will help improve the developer experience collaborating on Vercel and bringing their stakeholders closer to their work.
If you are a patient, conscientious leader who loves building products that enable developers to do their best work, then we would like to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
* Own the vision and strategy for your team, being responsible for shaping and completing the vision for Next.js Live and the Collaboration Product area. You will need to work across the company to understand stakeholder needs, build customer relationships, back up decisions with metrics, and ship products that meet the demands of the Next.js Live user base.
* Manage your backlog by making tough prioritization decisions while helping the team think about the near and long-term reality of shipping enterprise software.
* Build trust and cultivate influence with team members and clients by understanding our business needs and consistently, and accurately represent our customer’s struggles and how we are resolving them on the roadmap.
* Make data-driven decisions by using data to help you form hypotheses about how to prioritize your roadmap, and validate your decisions. Look for trends to pinpoint where customers might be experiencing inefficiencies and unnecessary pain on the platform.
* Connect with customers daily. Establishing relationships with our customers is key to helping them get the most out of Vercel.
* Own the outcome and success for your area by collaborating with the team to fully understand what success means for each ship, and then represent that outcome at all levels of the company.
You might be a good fit if you have:
* You consider yourself a T-shaped product leader.
* Prior product experience building devtools and/or collaboration products.
* Strong user advocate, especially for developers collaborating in teams.
* Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail along the way.
* Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team.
* Competitive compensation and stock options
* Inclusive Healthcare Package + 401k
* Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
* Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
* Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
* We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.