At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team, and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
We are goal-driven and dedicated
We use our own tools every day
We thrive together with our community
We are customer-obsessed
We believe in people’s ability to grow
About the Product Management Team:
As the Senior Product Manager you will report to the Director of Product for Collaboration & Core while working closely with Vercel’s engineering, design, marketing and partner organizations.
This is an opportunity to make the story of our products crisp, and bring the most inspirational products at Vercel to life. You’ll help shape and improve developers’ experience and needs with next.js.
What You Will Do:
* Lead the vision and strategy for your area, you will be responsible for shaping and completing the vision for Next.js and will need to work across the company to understand stakeholder needs, build customer empathy, back up decisions with metrics, and ship products that meet the demands of the Next.js user base.
* Manage your backlog by making tough prioritization decisions while helping the team think about the near and long-term reality of shipping enterprise software.
* Build trust and cultivate influence with collaborators by understanding our business needs and consistently, and accurately represent the customer’s struggles and how we’re resolving them on the roadmap.
* Make data-driven decisions by using data to help you form hypotheses about how to prioritize your roadmap, and validate your decisions. Look for trends in to pinpoint where customers might be experiencing inefficiencies and unnecessary pain on the platform.
* Connect with customers daily by establishing relationships with our customers is key to helping them get the most out of Vercel.
* Own the outcome and successes by collaborating with the team to fully understand what success means for each ship, and then represent that outcome at all levels of the company.
* You consider yourself a T-shaped product leader.
* Strong familiarity with next.js and Vercel
* Strong user advocate, especially for developers
* Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail along the way.
* Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team.
* Competitive compensation and stock options
* Inclusive Healthcare Package + 401k
* Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
* Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
* Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
* We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.