We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled professional who can manage and coordinate our current product portfolio and product development process. You will be responsible for numerous aspects of product development from competitive analysis to ideation to build, launches and ongoing performance.
You’ll be responsible for developing our products in ways that will differentiate from the marketplace, deepen user participation and engagement, and deliver bottom line commercial growth. For this role, you need to be both a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be familiar with various product development frameworks (agile, waterfall, lean) and be used to specifying / managing the build process with a Senior Architect & dev team.
Your overarching goals in coordination with the CEO / Product Director will be to develop our apps and platform into a market leading suite that is the ‘best way to put self-development into action’.
If you’re ready to transition from a job to a calling, we want to hear from you!
Prefer to watch? Watch our explainer video here – https://vimeo.com/445549876/fa422540ac
Our mission is to bring out the best in people! We are modernising the self-help and personal development industry with game changing technology that’s scientifically proven to improve users’ lives. At Psychological Technologies, we get to work with bestselling authors including Daniel Goleman, Adam Grant, Dan Pink, Johann Hari, Julia Samuel, and many others to transform their teachings into interactive, award-winning app-based courses that create real change. There’s never been more interest in mental health and self-development with companies like Calm, Headspace & Masterclass all being valued at $1B+ as they position themselves to meet this need.
We also strongly believe in the importance of the people you surround yourself with! Our founder previously helped set up Headspace (he was the first employee) and our advisors come from Masterclass, Audible and Headspace. We are now looking to grow our team with talented, mission-driven people like you!
Everyone wants to improve. Whether you want to become a better leader, better sleeper, or reduce your anxiety, we all want to improve our lives. And where do you usually turn to? Books, audiobooks, or the internet. But if you’re honest, have the self-development books or videos you’ve consumed led to the changes you’d hoped for?
If not, don’t worry, you’re not alone. But if you think about it, if you read a book on how to ride a bike, would you magically expect to be able to ride a bike? The self-development market fails to deliver, not because the advice isn’t good, but because information isn’t enough, if it was, we’d all be multi-millionaires with perfect relationships and six-pack abs! Change requires practice. We need help putting advice into action. So that’s what we do. We help you put the advice of the world’s leading self-development authors into action in your life, to create real change.
It’s like a more interactive version of Masterclass, with content from the world’s leading self-development authors. We take proven content, with proven demand and deliver it in a more effective way. To understand more you can watch our explainer video here.
We’ve already launched 3 successful apps based on books into the market. They are individual courses tackling Grief, Anxiety and Self-Compassion that will eventually be integrated into our platform. Our Grief app was recently featured as App of the Day on the Apple App Store and all our apps have racked up 100’s of positive reviews from users that love them.
Later this year, we aim to launch the self-development platform, with even more courses and brand-new tools from world-leading authors covering a broad range of topics, that will take us one step closer to achieving our mission.
- You will work directly for the CEO (they are also the Product Director) to create and drive the product strategy of the business.
- Work with Senior Architect and development team to build the products – JIRA/GitHub etc
- Understand and study competitor products – looking for key points of differentiation.
- Co-ordinate user research (discovery) & Co-ordinate usability testing – making this a business-as-usual practice in the company.
- Run our product development process (semi agile but not full scrum) i.e., product brainstorming, definition (specification), prototyping, initial designs, validation/ testing, commercialisation.
- Prioritise product features and capabilities.
- Act as the customer / user advocate – prioritising workload and outcomes through that lens.
- Our product management function specifies & tracks all workload for our development team. Our Senior Architect is responsible for architecting and tech skills development.
- Evaluate products weekly, monthly etc against key KPI’s such as MAU, % Goal Completes, Cohort Churn etc.
- Align stakeholders around the vision for the product.
What sorts of experience, skills or attributes are we looking for?
To be effective in this role you’ll need to be / have:
- Proven experience as a Product Manager 5+ years.
- Direct experience of working with a remote development team and content / marketing teams – you possess excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience of B2C apps would be great but not compulsory in verticals such as online courses, self-development, social platforms etc.
- Previous experience managing / launching B2C standalone Apps.
- Previous experience with B2C platforms.
- Experience in product market analysis, Analytical mind, and strong quantitative skills.
- Super versed in product development frameworks and techniques.
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Web Trends, UXCam) and or broader tools like Prod Pad or confluence.
- Excellent communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Formal qualification / certification or demonstrable experience.
How do we measure success for the role?
Whilst we have listed several metrics below, we fully expect this role to shape our metrics to those most meaningful once they are in place.
DAU / WAU / MAU (% usage at Day 0 % Day 1, Day 3, Day 7, Day 30, Day 60, Day 90)
time in app per visit (distribution, and average) / – time in app total (distribution, and average)
No. times visit the app (on average and distribution curve)
No. tools opened (overall and by tool)
% tools started and finished (overall and by tool)
Total No. Helps (overall and by tool) / – % Helps (overall, and by tool)
No. course sessions done – (see tail off per session)
% course sessions opened and finished (overall, and by session)
Total no. helps per session (overall, by session)
% helps per session (overall, by session)
% people completing each session (average, by session)
% people completing full course (average)
Goal completes and deviance from happy path
Change in pre / post surveys scores
Movement Through Funnel
No. downloads, no registration, no paid
% registration, %paid, % cancel 3-day free trial
% purchase through web offer
What are our values?
We believe that if we focus on creating value for our fellow beings the rest will take care of itself, that’s true for the people we serve as well as those that we work with. At Psychological Technologies, we don’t just want to go through life, we want to grow through life. This shapes our actions, values, and approach to all we do.
Our Core Values:
- Live in service of others
- Focus on what truly matters
- Take a growth perspective
- Don’t hurry, don’t pause
- Process over outcomes
You’ll work closely with well-connected individuals in the self-development space, who are passionate about improving the wellbeing of the world. You will have a critical role in helping shape, grow and building the business. Our team is remote first with an office in Brighton. Some of the team lives in and around London and visit the office one to three times per week to enjoy in person meetings, lunch with the team, and the general perks of being together. The extent of remote vs hybrid working will depend on your role, as some roles have the complete flexibility to be fully remote. Our focus is on creating a compassionate and productive workplace, where we feel able to bring our whole selves to work. We grow together, through the good times and the bad, putting the best self-development advice into practice.
We get huge satisfaction from the feedback we get from the people that use our products. Getting to do meaningful work that helps others is the thing that brings us all together and is the fuel that drives us to bring self-development to life.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary – £55K – £65K
- Training allowance
- Professional membership allowance
- Share scheme