Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Agile Coach/Scrum Master to help transition our business from its existing work practices to infusing a real agile understanding from the top-down.
You will coach, mentor and guide our people to figure out the best solutions for their specific challenges. You will analyze the organization’s existing infrastructure and implement improvements to help streamline processes and create efficiencies. Ultimately, you will play a key role in the long-term strategy across the entire organization, helping our teams to deliver better products in a faster, more efficient manner.
Careers with Optum offer hybrid work arrangements and individuals who live in the United Kingdom will have the opportunity to regularly work from home (remote). Here at Optum we use the office space to promote community, enhance collaboration and foster innovation.
- Hands on Scrum Master for a small team
- Work with product teams to analyze current systems and processes and design a strategy for the adoption of agile best practices
- Guide teams to help them stay on track with agile techniques, fine-tuning approaches as needed to
ensure the overall strategy is being met
- Lead agile workshops for both development and functional teams, as well as key stakeholders
- Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement, setting goals and milestones and being accountable for them
- Drive cultural change by championing an agile mindset and ensure the organization is at the forefront of industry best practices
- Proven experience as an Agile Coach
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe, LeSS)
- Can showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
- Experience running agile projects of varying size and complexity
- Strong leader, educator, and coach
- An excellent communicator and motivator
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.